Withes Classic II, Good machine or not?? have Opportunity to buy Cheap...

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Withe's Classic II, Good machine or not?? have Opportunity to buy Cheap...

*********Correction: I accidentally put "Classic II" in my thread title (not to mention misspelling "Whites") but it's actually a Classic III.********

I have an opportunity to buy a Whites Classic III with a 9 1/2" coil at an insanely low price. It's literally brand new. The coil says" Blue max 950".

I have never used a Whites machine and I want to know if this is a good machine. Does it have good depth and disc??

If I buy this I'll sell my BH 202 so technically, it would be a trade off that will put a few bucks in my pocket even after buying batteries. So think of it this way. Would trading a BH Pioneer 202 for a Whites Classic III be a good trade and would it be a good upgrade, even if only for a backup next year for my kids?? Will this find targets that the BH 202 or Land Star would miss?

I just don't know enough about Whites to even know. I do know that This is a deal I don't want to pass up if this is a good machine. Also, I never fell in love with the 202 and I won't miss it. It's basically already been replaced.

I've read many positive reviews on this machine. I know it's old but I'm more concerned about functionality, depth and finding treasure than I am bells and whistles.

Also, if I decide to make this deal it's gonna' happen in the next 3-4 hours so time is of the essence. My gut is telling me to go for it. I already have a local guy interested in the BH 202 which I'm selling at a $30 profit as well, not including everything I've already found with it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay,

The guy just called me back and informed me that his wife won't let him sell the machine even though we already agreed on the deal. I was literally on my way out the door to go meet him.

He was only asking 50 bucks and I figured it was a steal at that price based on what I've read about the machine, especially given the fact it;s never even been used.

I guess this deal just wasn't meant to be.
What a letdown.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good quality machine. An upgrade for sure but not a major upgrade. If he changes his mind back again, jump on it.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a good quality machine. An upgrade for sure but not a major upgrade. If he changes his mind back again, jump on it.

Yeah, I looked it up and the reviews were great. I'm sure I would have liked it.

I told him to call me if he can talk her into changing her mind. He didn't sound like he was planning on going out of his way to try.

I was SO disappointed. I wish he hadn't offered it to me in the first place.

Neither one of them have ever even used it. It's brand spanking new. He said it's been in the garage for years. He cleaned out the garage and told me he put it in the "wrong pile". When he told his wife I was coming she apparently freaked and said it should have been in the "keeper" pile.

The sad part is, they probably still won't use it. It'll probably sit for another 15 years.

I just wanted to make the deal and sell the 202. I want to have three machines because I have two kids. I would have made money on that deal and that's why I was so excited and ready to snag it immediately. There's no way I could have lost.

Oh well. I still plan on a nice upgrade before spring so it'll all work out. It always does.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That machine for $50 would have been a steal!

Maybe I can help. If you are close to me, I have a Classic II here in good shape that I took on a trade that I'll sell for $60 if you pick it up. I'm not sure where Granite, MD is, but I'm only 40 miles north of the Mason-Dixon line directly north of Cumberland. If you want it shipped, add $15 for shipping and to cover the paypal/cc fees. Send me a PM or give me a call if interested.

I was going to keep it as a starter machine for my 10 year old nephew but he hasn't shown much interest....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread