Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the OK from a guy, who owns the oldest house on Pine Island, Florida. It is situated on a couple of acres, it is also home to the oldest mango farm on the island. Dozens of big ol' trees, all a hundred years old. Also, to perhaps sweeten the hunt, it is also on a site previously inhabited by the Calusa Indians. I drool every time I drive by this house, and then after the ok, I realized it might be too much for me by myself... anyone interested let me know. I have been informed that there are other local MD'ers on other forums, but I wouldn't know, as Tnet is the only one worth being on!:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to, Dave, but I just cant get away right now. Man, that DOES sound like a great site though! A site like that would be worth taking vacation and sleeping in your car and MDing the heck out of that property 24/7 or as long as you could hold out.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll come if you can pay for my time off and my airfare lol!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A generous offer! Hope it goes well!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was just a wee bit closer :laughing7: I'd jump at the chance!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm..... Sounds like a great spot

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my son to PI detecting a few summers ago, It was cool, i was expecting a little too much. That's cool you got permission there. I used to work for an Arch firm that was trying to develop some condo's out there, and never realized how protected they are of their Island...they are a whole other breed out there..lol

Good Luck man!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that Pine Island as in Hastings, FL? I'd like to try. TTC

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pine Island is on the coast of Lee County, Southwest FL.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am I wish you could have seen my face that "Hmmmmm"... was me rubbing my chin in deep thought

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up finding an old Spanish silver coin or some other Spanish artifact that area has such history between the Spanish and Calusa going back to Pedro Mendes and even Ponce de Leon in the early 1500's .. Lots and lots of Spanish activity in that area

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a full week off, 2nd week in Oct, plan on spending quality time out there, as well as cleaning up on other permissions that I have been sitting on....cooler temps, with the rains still steady....perfect hunting conditions....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is the house?

zdawg3579

Feb 23, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man...if only I could afford airfare...that would be so nice! I'm in Arizona and the history here is so recent and scattered it's hard to get anything. Especially since it's all on protected land.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the OK from a guy, who owns the oldest house on Pine Island, Florida. It is situated on a couple of acres, it is also home to the oldest mango farm on the island. Dozens of big ol' trees, all a hundred years old. Also, to perhaps sweeten the hunt, it is also on a site previously inhabited by the Calusa Indians. I drool every time I drive by this house, and then after the ok, I realized it might be too much for me by myself... anyone interested let me know. I have been informed that there are other local MD'ers on other forums, but I wouldn't know, as Tnet is the only one worth being on!:icon_thumleft:

I'll be on PI for a couple weeks starting the day after Christmas in case you need a partner at that time! Lemme now thru PM. Cheers

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo...How was it? I will be out there from Nov.24th - Dec 1st...just incase you need some help..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread