Garrett ATX vs Infinium

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like my SS. However, I'd really like to find a nice ATX at a great price. It looks/seems like a bad a$$ machine.

GL

therelichunter

Jul 8, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an infinium, I like the 2 tones high-low and low-high it helps narrow down if you want to dig or not
Iron is still the wild card it can give both sounds depending on the target.
Watch some of the videos on youtube Garrett has 4 instructional vids posted
Danny

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I saw the ATX Video. It seems like you have to push a lot of buttons for a PI detector. It really didn't show how deep it will go. I like the fold up packaging design.
But I begin to wonder, have they over complicated the operational process. Garrett seams to do that.
I can go out to the beach with my Whites Surfmaster that is 14 years old, Turn the two knobs to the preset position and hunt. What do I find you might ask? How about rings at 10", fine gold chains, even a boat anchor at app. 4', hay, it was still attached to a boat. I go out west find gold nuggets, and even built up flour gold. I think all those controls make fine decoration, but I like the simplicity and depth of mine. Frank five star.png
Why complicate things?
_Hay in sky.jpg

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least if you buy new its an easier choice. If the Infinium is secondhand its far harder. I hated the first Infinium but over the years they did modify it, shielded the coil wire better etc. so its a lot better than it was, so if preowned check the age and on review sites read the later reports.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread