Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i found one i got it from a member .. He put it in the mail today can not wait to try the pocket uniprobe out ….. Image.jpg It is a PI Probe with a depth of 5 inches

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i found one i got it from a member .. He put it in the mail today can not wait to try the pocket uniprobe out ….. View attachment 1060261 It is a PI Probe with a depth of 5 inches
I use to own one, loved it, only reason I sold it was to buy the DP uniprobe...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TH .. I know you know that i can put a coil and shafts on it and make it into a PI detector or use it as a pin pointer .. But i will use it for a pinpointed… Could be some day i will try it out as a detector..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH .. I know you know that i can put a coil and shafts on it and make it into a PI detector or use it as a pin pointer .. But i will use it for a pinpointed… Could be some day i will try it out as a detector..
I have found several pieces of gold with mine using it as a pi detector around playground equipment and under metal bleachers where I couldn't use my detector because of all the metal so close..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found several pieces of gold with mine using it as a pi detector around playground equipment and under metal bleachers where I couldn't use my detector because of all the metal so close..
Good idea :thumbsup: I will try that with the probe..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea :thumbsup: I will try that with the probe..
That is one of the great features, you can adjust sensitivity from half inch to 5 inches to search deep and still close to metal.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I will just have to play around with it to learn it .. I can not find a manual for it and i have looked … I even got a hold of Gary Storm at Detector Pro and he said they have no manual for it .. But it should be pretty easy to use..For all it has is off on switch and freq. and sensitivity..

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
If it's anything like the DP Uniprobe (and I suspect that it is), I think that you'll be very pleased with it.

The detection range is not the selling point, although it's nice. If you had a probe that could hit items at 12" in all directions like a Propointer, what good would it be? The nice thing is that that detection field (again, DP Uniprobe, but I bet that they work the same way) is highly directional. I don't just use mine as a probe, but also as a pinpointer for my cranky Vaquero. It works surprisingly well for this.

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
It's on it's way.......really neat pointer!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
mascard .. The probe arrived today that was fast …And works fine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread