Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks. I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times in here, and if'n I may, can I ask it again?:notworthy:

I just got permission to hunt a 160 acre chunk of field and woods. The field-to-woods ratio is probably 20 to 1. A lot more field that woods, but the woods also has many sweet secrets - all according to the landowner, whom I have worked with in the past (a real job!). I'm also pretty close friends with his son. Anyhow, He said there were colonial war musters on one section of his field, and he was talking about when he harrowed on section of a hayfield of his, how it turned up "kinds of junk" like iron and brass, and old coins and stuff that he paid no attention to whatsoever.

By this time I'm beginning to get that quivery feeling in my guts that says I got to get out swinging. :hello2:

So anyway, with the promise of all this in my pocket, I am thinking of getting a new detector. I love my ATP. but I feel like it is inadequate for deep stuff. I get a few decent hits at 10" and that's okay, but I think a deeper-seeking machine would rock my world.

Any advice? What is considered THE deepest-seeking machine to get? I'm in love with the idea of a Deus. Are they as awesome as everyone says? I'm the dig-it-all kind of feller, so bells and whistles dont impress me as much as power and ease-of-use.

What do you kind folks say? I could really use some good advice.

Upvote 0

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I appreciate your advice, Jim, but thats almost an hour of video to wade through.
Np Higgy...I spend hours and hours wading through actual field test video's before I buy.Talk is cheap.action speaks loud.Ive heard all kinds of stories..thats why I test things and try to prove them myself.There are a few good deep machines out there.You will find something you like.good luck.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PI is a way to go, but for relic hunting? My understanding it was a very sensitive machine and you could not manual ground balance it. If my wallet would agree, I would own a PI machine. Also coil selection was noted. I will tell you the the T2 and F75 doesnt loose much depth. The 5 inch coil breaks the laws of physics. I also own the 15 in coil and it is very stable and easy to identify all the different targets. It was a bit heavy though lol. Anytime Im withing 2 foot of large metal I have to keep that in mind. I also have had no problem using the 11 inch coil in the trashiest of parks. It also has the trigger which can pinpoint and gb fast on the go. I use the pin point option as a all metal deep seeker. There is also stat mode which is a all metal mode that is very sensitive on large items above a quarter if your going for relics. Now I use the F75 because it is light and has a low battery consumption. It is durable enough to handle the harsh environment we have here. I dont see many posting on the T2 or F75, but I feel they are as deep as most machines, or even better. There a few others that are known to be deep to that has been mentioned.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to dig every sound, and money isn't a problem, it's hard to beat a Minelab GPX5000. for depth...even for smaller targets. For huge and very deep targets, a 2 box is the way to go. If price is important, and/or you want discrimination, I'd get a Fisher F75 and a big coil.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you dig everything and want more depth, maybe you should consider a PI machine.

I have a PI (SH-2) and very happy with that.
Just thinking if there was a super deep machine out there!!

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you already have an ATP, use this as an excuse to get that NEL Attack coil, it's only $220 or so which is much cheaper than a new detector and will give you huge depth and ground coverage compared to what you have now.

I will look into that, Mr. H!

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dollar for dollar, it sounds like you need a T2. It eats relics alive for sure. If you think you may have silver coins, then I would suggest the equally impressive F75. Down load the manuals for a quick read. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, Casca. I like the Fishers, and they get good reviews.

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have been studying detectors a bit, and I am beginning to think that the best detector that would compliment my ATP would be the Blisstool. Lots of buttons and knobs, but lots of flexibility in tuning for various conditions. From the vids I have just watched, it'll pound a quarter loud and clear at 18". That's going to be enough for me to drool for a while. I have no idea how this new property will produce, but to be sure it will be fun. I think the Blisstool may be the one for me as I am thinking right now, but you never know. The price is compatible with other machines - not $4k - $1200 or so. No bells and whistles, just straightforward detecting. The need for a deeper-seeking machine will probably be evident if I am digging deep stuff with the ATP, and I still get ghost signals that never repeat, or are hard to repeat.

Anyone here have a Blisstool?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait on the new Fisher F75ltd next month.....they are deep!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go under the fisher forum on here.....there is a post about it.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I think the Bilsstool is the deepest VLF machine out at the moment.The price is really good for that kind of power.You get both coils and you will get better coverage for the big fields,and possibly more depth.There are alot of video's on the tube I noticed for the Bliss.Haven't come across one yet that beats it.Alot of really deep seekers coming out of that part of the world.How you can hit a quarter at 18 inches with an 11 inch coil is beyond me...impressive to say the least

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(Blisstool) How you can hit a quarter at 18 inches with an 11 inch coil is beyond me...impressive to say the least.

I agree, Jim, but to play devil's advocate here, "supposedly" the ULF-3 will do that with the 9.5" coil, and its half the price! The more I do this debate, the more I find out about the different deep-seekers. By the way, I say "supposedly" concerning the ULF-3 because I havent found many reviews on that machine. 8-)

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks. I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times in here, and if'n I may, can I ask it again?:notworthy:

I just got permission to hunt a 160 acre chunk of field and woods. The field-to-woods ratio is probably 20 to 1. A lot more field that woods, but the woods also has many sweet secrets - all according to the landowner, whom I have worked with in the past (a real job!). I'm also pretty close friends with his son. Anyhow, He said there were colonial war musters on one section of his field, and he was talking about when he harrowed on section of a hayfield of his, how it turned up "kinds of junk" like iron and brass, and old coins and stuff that he paid no attention to whatsoever.

By this time I'm beginning to get that quivery feeling in my guts that says I got to get out swinging. :hello2:

So anyway, with the promise of all this in my pocket, I am thinking of getting a new detector. I love my ATP. but I feel like it is inadequate for deep stuff. I get a few decent hits at 10" and that's okay, but I think a deeper-seeking machine would rock my world.

Any advice? What is considered THE deepest-seeking machine to get? I'm in love with the idea of a Deus. Are they as awesome as everyone says? I'm the dig-it-all kind of feller, so bells and whistles dont impress me as much as power and ease-of-use.

What do you kind folks say? I could really use some good advice.
Here's what I would do before buying a new machine. Go over the area with the stock coil. Next put on the 5x8 coil and grid low and slow. The small coil does go deep. I've found tiny cuff buttons many times at 6 inches. But you need to wear headphones and listen carefully for those faint tones. If you know the landowner see if he would retill the area. If it is in fact a muster area you will find new stuff turns up every year. If you must get a new machine I have a friend with a T2 and they seem deeper. But if you really pay attention I don't know if any other reasonably priced detectors are deeper than the T2. Having said that I have found good stuff in spots that have been hit by the T2.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the NEL 15" Attack coil for my AT PRO and love it... :)

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
The videos that I have seen on the makro cf77 are not that good. the cf77 runs very erratic I was gonna buy one but once I seen these videos im thinking my shadow x5 runs more smoother and for sure more deeper I can airtest a coin at 16 inches. Try to make a video with the cf77 running smooth if you can so far I haven't seen this happen but then who is making the video says this machine runs great while it is making a ton of crack,beeps,pops. jm2 cents.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quit detector worry's me. I like a little noise so I know its working. There is small items that can make the slightest noise. Of course if you need a detector that makes a bell sound then go for it.

ayahuasca

Greenie
Dec 15, 2009
the Spanish Main
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab E-trac, Tesoro Sandshark, Pulse Star Pro 2, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Pulse Star 2 Pro which will detect down to 10 feet BUT you need two people to use it properly and do you really want to be digging 10 foot deep holes? You would need to move something like 5 tons of soil for each find. OK if it is silver bars, but not so good if it is an old coke can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread