jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it Really Fraud if it is so Obvious ?

I don't get it, If your dumb enough to Believe it you deserve to get ripped off.
Like buying the golden gate Bridge

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fraud***

Also found in:*Dictionary/thesaurus,*Medical,*Financial,Acronyms,*Encyclopedia,*Wikipedia

A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury.

Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage. A person who is dishonest may be called a fraud. In the U.S. legal system, fraud is a specific offense with certain features.

Fraud is most common in the buying or selling of property, including real estate,*Personal Property, and intangible property, such as stocks, bonds, and copyrights. State and federal statutes criminalize fraud, but not all cases rise to the level of criminality. Prosecutors have discretion in determining which cases to pursue. Victims may also seek redress in civil court.

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're really husband and wife? They look more like brother and sister! :icon_scratch: It's amazing that they were doing this for 5 years! They sold these worthless devices to governments. How stupid are the purchasers? Wouldn't you want to see a demonstration of their effectiveness before you shelled out that kind of money? I think they should all be sentenced to share a cell together, both fraudsters and the criminally stupid!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just remember governments are a business....the money they spend is NOT theirs,need I say more?

GOD Bless

Chris

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they were a business. Then they'd have to conduct themselves in a business like manner. If I ran my business like they do, I be bankrupt.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how the buyers fell for it.
It's hard for me to understand.

There are probably hundreds of otherwise smart metal detectorists and treasure hunters who have fallen for exactly the same kind of scam. In treasure hunting, these scams are known as "long range locators" that can supposedly detect gold a mile away and usually cost 100's or 1000's of dollars. Look up Electroscopes by Thomas. I have a nice collection of LRLs, including a couple of units that are exactly identical to the one in the article, except that they are "gold detectors" instead of "bomb detectors."

Gullibility ain't just for stupid people.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sale: magic tree limbs from my backyard that will zero in on a silver coin from 5 miles away....price- $5000 each.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical skeptic logic. It's all about money or rather people afraid they are going to lose some or not make as much. Some dumbed-down jury or any skeptic for that matter doesn't have a clue if the guy's devices work or not.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Typical skeptic logic. It's all about money or rather people afraid they are going to lose some or not make as much.

No. It's about some guy relabelling Chinese "golf ball detectors" as mine detectors and defrauding governments. What's worse yet is that people trusted their lives to these devices. Presumably they didn't work as advertised, or why was there an investigation and trial in the first place?

It's all fun and games when individuals are cheated out of their money, but when devices that don't work enter the arena of public safety, people can and do die.

If the jury was dumbed down, then it was the duty of the defense attorney and expert witnesses to educate them. I'm guessing that educating the jury wasn't desirable in this particular case.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well unlike most, I believe there can be something to LRL. however,
I believe it is just an Extension of the Mind of the User.

in other words The user is most likely already very experienced on using his eyes & mind to see clues.
& the LRL just helps him free any deep thoughts , & brings them to the surface.
causing him to believe the LRL did it :laughing7:

I do believe we are all capable of being psychic if our minds are awakened
(anyone who thought about someone just before the phone rang & it was them,
Know what I mean)

(I know cue the twilight Zone Theme lol, not everyone's mind can be enlightened :tongue3: )

any-Who ............ Samuel Tree claimed golf ball detectors could track down missing people if a photograph of them was placed inside

Now that's just too much, even for my Mind :laughing7:
& sorry but if Governments actually believed that and forked out tons of money...
they are the ones who should be on trial in my opinion.

they either need to prove they know something about Hocus-Pocus we don't
or take mental competency tests

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a classified scam my farmer Uncle fell for years ago.

Ad said "Guaranteed to kill all your potato bugs", my Uncle sent his hard earned money in, and a week later it showed up.

It was two boards labeled "a" and "b", with an "x" on board a. Directions said to place potato bug on x on board a, and smack with board b.

Will kill all potato bugs.......:laughing7:, I don't think he laughed much, but he did have fun telling the story.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well unlike most, I believe there can be something to LRL. however,
I believe it is just an Extension of the Mind of the User.

in other words The user is most likely already very experienced on using his eyes & mind to see clues.
& the LRL just helps him free any deep thoughts , & brings them to the surface.
causing him to believe the LRL did it :laughing7:

I do believe we are all capable of being psychic if our minds are awakened
(anyone who thought about someone just before the phone rang & it was them,
Know what I mean)

(I know cue the twilight Zone Theme lol, not everyone's mind can be enlightened :tongue3: )

any-Who ............ Samuel Tree claimed golf ball detectors could track down missing people if a photograph of them was placed inside

Now that's just too much, even for my Mind :laughing7:
& sorry but if Governments actually believed that and forked out tons of money...
they are the ones who should be on trial in my opinion.

they either need to prove they know something about Hocus-Pocus we don't
or take mental competency tests

Don't forget the people who had their life on the line were using these and swore by them. Anyone on this forum who knows how to use a device ever used this one and can say for sure they don't work? I don't remember how many explosives they found but it was something like 700 some.

Look, I've used LRL's and found many gold targets. I've never used one of these so I can't say they work and I sure as Hell can't say they don't work. For me or any skeptic to claim other wise is pure B.S.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently the British government and courts felt they were BS as multiple people were sentenced to prison for terms up to 10 years. Evidently not a single one was able to demonstrate their devices worked as any lawyer worth a penny would have done so to defend their client....

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wasn't there. I know LRL's work, so WTF?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember how many explosives they found but it was something like 700 some.

Mike, the number you're thinking of is the number of Iraqis killed or wounded in bomb attacks where the ADE 650 failed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread