Beautiful day to hunt!

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 1 pm here in NC and a beautiful day. There's a nice breeze blowing, the temp is about 75 or so. All of my detector equipment is in storage awaiting to be sold. For me it is all but useless and no longer fun to do. Badly beaten down parks, tens of hours of research that get no permission, 2 hour drives to the beaches and nothing but cleaning the sand for the city. I think I am done. The excitement has disappeared in finding clad pennies after a 30 minute drive. Do it for the exercise? That's why I have taken up bicycling and hiking. It's been a slice but all of the cake is gone. Some will say, glad you are gone...more for me to find. That's cool too. Happy hunting and keep on beeping

Fourwayz

Upvote 0

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you are leaving. Judging by your time in the hobby I am sure you are making the right decision for you. Best of luck in your new hobbies.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I feel like that, but then I take some time off from detecting and get back into it and make some nice finds.
You should consider keeping the equipment till next year and see how you feel then.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before you bid adieu, please become a charter member, so that you can post your gear in the classifieds.. I am always looking for deals from folks who bail on our hobby.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the weather is nice here too!It is a shame so many homeowners seem up tight about detecting.I think it is more of a privacy thing then anything else,or some are afraid some kind of trouble might arise,someone getting hurt on their property or whatever:dontknow:who knows?I see you own several machines.I would at least keep one just in case something arises and you change your mind.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the find..it's the hunt...and if you do happen to pop a goodie out of the hole..bonus!

OP
OP
Fourwayz

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes. Who knows, I MAY try it again. And SOMETIMES it is about the find. Good luck to all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions