Aug 15, 2014
newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wedding band.JPG wedding band 2.JPG

Found this a couple days ago.
It's very hard to read the mark inside, but after several attempts, "Persian silver" is the marking inside. No other hallmark can be seen.
I have searched, but cannot find much info on it.
It is the size and style of a wedding band and with the marking I assume it is. It certainly doesn't look Silver, and it is not split through, but seems to have come apart at a seam.
Thoughts, ideas, info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Persian silver does have it's own hallmark which is many times the same as russian silver but have never seen nor heard of a mark that says Persian silver

The hallmark usually starts with 84 then the makers mark

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably silver plated brass or copper at one time. Definitely not solid silver though.

OP
OP
F

find

Aug 15, 2014
newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think it was silver given the color and split, but couldn't figure the mark. I figure it's been underground 50-60 years at least knowing where it was found. I just threw it out there for a little more info maybe. Thanks for looking and the input

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it into a glass of vinegar for a few hours and then rub it with some baking soda and give it a good rinse. It should clean up pretty good and maybe let you see any other markings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions