Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever wanted to detect discreetly everywhere you go?... haha :laughing7:
On a serious note, I actually think there's a decent idea here just not close to perfected yet.
01.jpg

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this one a month or two ago titled Stealth detecting or something. :) I still think you'll be dancing the hooky poky in the park detecting with those.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazingly enough, even the most experienced users don't seem to care that a $2500 Metal Detector still takes the form of a Weedwhacker.
It would be very easy for manufacturers to develop quality detectors of a compact nature but the their clients still basically blindly take whatever they sell them.

In this particular industry unlike almost any other the consumer blindly takes the manufacturers word pertaining to the actual form and or quality of electronics that are featured in even the most insanely expensive models.
There is no newly released " fornicator 5000, now featuring the newest Intel processing Technology"

This market is driven more by fantasy so a manufacturers marketing would be more apt to be along the lines of:
The Fornicator $5000, (find treasure beyond your wildest dreams)

That's really all they have to do, they have been experiencing a worldwide Renaissance, and no one really knows what they are buying.

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One word. Lithium.

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This by no means would ever replace our detectors we swing on sights, but lets say the wife wants you to put it down and take a walk with her holding hands without looking like a blind man on the beach.. Get a good beep, mental marker on where it was and go back later haha

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next to totally useless, how you going to sweep the coil? ....

About the 5th or 6th thread using same picture. LOL..[emoji12]

Be better off tie wrapping them onto a miniature remote control dune buggy..

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
One word. Lithium.
Batteries,? No the battery technology is sufficient at this time, The major problem lies in the nature of the cheap, overpriced, antiquated technology that is so easily sold as new in the control boxes. That's it really.

As far as lithium as a bipolar treatment, dulling the senses, self-medicating and resigning for what others have "prescribed" for you is not the answer.
It is unnecessary in at least half of the cases for which it is prescribed.
Mood swings are a necessary tool in life management and are important vessels in motivating and accommodating highly productive and intelligent individuals.

Life is not perfect, if we were thrilled to death all the time everything would slowly slide out from under us.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That goofy setup has been around for a while now. Let's assume it works good without have to perform a strange dance to pin point the target. You still have to make a recovery. That's where you're going to stand out the most and where the complaints originate.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously, it's not at all necessary. A simple industry wide adoption of telescoping or easily folding stock designs should be standard and would more than suffice.

I mean isn't it absolutely amazing that people still tolerate and pay thousands of dollars for new uncollapsible 5 foot long Metal detectors that are wrapped by coil cable from control unit to coil?

This archaic design only recently has begun to be addressed, but amazingly enough I'm not sure the huge improvement is considered by most to be all that necessary in general.

I finally modified the stock on my Sovereign GT to fold easily and effectively, into a discrete compact package but few here even really care that they are carrying around a $2500 gieger counter looking thing the full length of a weed whacker everywhere they go.

I think its the price the average client feels they must pay to "find treasures beyond their wildest dreams"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That goofy setup has been around for a while now. Let's assume it works good without have to perform a strange dance to pin point the target. You still have to make a recovery. That's where you're going to stand out the most and where the complaints originate.

Like I said before it doesn't seam like a practical idea to use them to go with the sole purpose of detecting with and recover objects. Just more of something you have on for a walk on the beach and when there seams to be some signals in an area you return with your actual detector. or maybe a visit to a park with your kid to play and get a sound for whats in the ground.... and again I'm sure these are far from actually working reliably the idea is just there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said before it doesn't seam like a practical idea to use them to go with the sole purpose of detecting with and recover objects. Just more of something you have on for a walk on the beach and when there seams to be some signals in an area you return with your actual detector. or maybe a visit to a park with your kid to play and get a sound for whats in the ground.... and again I'm sure these are far from actually working reliably the idea is just there.
They were originally advertised to hunt areas you can't normally hunt...

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I saw that... I would think about the range of his house arrest.

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I saw that... I would think about the range of his house arrest.

ha yes very true, I would only be interested in this idea if it came in a boot or shoe and I was wearing pants. The box could possibly go onto your belt or arm with ear buds like your listing to an i pod or something.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKM built my dream detector. Its a walking stick. Look it up and compare it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
OKM built my dream detector. Its a walking stick. Look it up and compare it.
I went to ebay and put in.. ekm walking stick .. and one came up and they wanted $10700.00 for it yes Ten thousand seven hundred dollars … That is a good buy i would say..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread