Got an AT Pro!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cannot find a blue jean rivit at 10+ inches with an at pro.... Maybe with a xp deus...

Lol...Uh Yea...I wish it wasnt a blue rivit that I was digging. But Ive done it several times with that and small copper washers.

Ive hit small targets where My pinpointer was completely covered in the whole

Im only guessing....Maybe YOU cant find one that deep. But others that know how to work the machine can

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of you are missing the fact that the compaction and mineralisation of the soil will make a huge difference on the penetration.
I've pulled up bobby pins almost a foot deep in wet sand at the beach

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you always run it at ZERO?

Im still keeping the IA around 30...I wonder if it would help me out any to drop it

I've realized a couple things one on the rare occasion there's a thin gold ring or chain keeping it at 30 you will miss it more times than not especially if you run the coil over it's thinnest point... Instead of lengthways... Another thing I've found is often times when more than one item are stacked on top of each other and one of them is small iron or junk that would be discriminated out with 30 you'll lose both unless you hit it from exactly the right direction otherwise you get the iron sound + a high tone that's repeatable from different directions

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I like to hear everything so I can see how stuff has accumulated in different areas all of it is information to me

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last thing I don't want to Bogart this whole thread but... If I've found that if an area is good and worth my time I'll change modes..settings and styles going over the same ground several times from different directions and different angles almost always picking up things I missed.
Sometimes I laugh at myself for thinking a place is basically hunted out going over my own tracks

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you 100%. The key to the ATP is listening to what it tells you. No matter what settings you use the key is the sound. It's pretty obvious you know your ATP. I found enough clad to pay for mine in 4 months and the 1st month I was ready to trash it. Then I started to pay attention to the tones.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last thing I don't want to Bogart this whole thread but... If I've found that if an area is good and worth my time I'll change modes..settings and styles going over the same ground several times from different directions and different angles almost always picking up things I missed.
Sometimes I laugh at myself for thinking a place is basically hunted out going over my own tracks

Yea, I never belived in the "hunted out" areas...those are ones that i pretty much dig ANYTHING...and thats when I notice I get weird signals for good targets. I find myself sometimes getting a Nickel that will actually give me a hightone at times.. but in this places that i have been cleaning out, i dig any semi solid target

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true..listen to what it tells you... Even when your brain wants to think otherwise... You'll be happy you did.
This sounded like a pull tab a little while ago...but it read six inches... Dig it...

ForumRunner_20141022_163257.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread