Makro WaterProof PinPointer -My 1st look Video

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I just recieved my new Makro WaterProof PinPointer.I did a short Video with a pair of Pivot Head camera glasses.Onlt took 3 times trying to keep the pinpointer in the frame.This one didnt turn out too bad.This is the nicest PinPointer Ive owned so far.I was very surprised is comes with a really nice case to store and carry the pinpointer and extra tips/batteries.They also Provided 2 tip protectors,one scraping blade,one round.These are a nice feature that just clip on and stop any tip wear.There are 4 sens levels.A led light.3 modes of operation:sound/Vibration/sound and vibration.I submerged the pin pointer in the video and tested on a coin for you to see the waterproof ability.I will be field testing this weekend.I hope this helps explain all the features and gives you a good look at what this unit is all about. HH Jim T

Upvote 0

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's something seriously wrong with your cat, Jim. :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim . Nice video i think marko pointer will be a big seller … Most every one always wants water proof equipment … Marko beat them all to the punch with that pointer .. It could have sales like the AT Pro.. And that would be a lot of pin pointer sales … Yes i wondered about that cat also like Higgy did...

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This pinpointer is new to me! Great video, Waterproof pointer, versatile...! Be interested seeing your field test video...!

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
The cat doesnt move much...:dontknow:..................:laughing7: I had a chance to use the pointer for 45 min in the field today.I posted a video,kinda long and no great finds.Pin pointer worked flawless and didnt bother the detector.I used the cf77 today.I will run it alongside the Deus also this weekend and test the ability to work well with other brands/makes/models.The tip protectors clip on,didnt budge one bit even scraping around in the hole.Not one bit of falsing when u turn it on.I didnt have to hold it on the ground starting up.Next to the RS pointer this is the best ive used thus far.Waterproof is icing on the cake.Why they all aren't water proof makes little sense.We have to wash them and the ground is wet alot.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice review Jim. For the money it really looks like a winner. You have to let us in on what's up with the cat though. No way that's a real cat is it? I couldn't keep from egging it on to move just once. Low maintenance pet to go along with the Makro for sure there. :)

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a very nice pin pointer and I may have to get one.

leafsforever3

Jan 3, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great. I really like the protector covers, and of course the waterproof aspect. Also is nice the buttons are at the back and not on the side where all the mud cruds them up. Nice review. May buy one as I have had enough with my Pro Pointer Problems.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the video. I looked up IP67 and it is defined as---the first number 6 meaning "protected from dust" and the second number 7 meaning "protected against the effects of immersion in water to depth between 15 cm and 1 meter" plus "IP67=protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15 cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes". I would like to know what kind of range people are getting from this PP. One video I saw made it seem similar to a Garrett in max range. Very nice for the cost.

Brizors

Nov 27, 2014
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes my Makro will go crazy and go off and stay beeping constantly when searching a hole. Mainly at the beach but when it happens I will hold it up in the air to test and it will still be going off, like it's stuck on. Dropping the sens usually fixes it. I noticed it also goes off sometimes with pressure. I haven't read about anyone else having these issues so I am wondering if I got a dud?

Dana Point Val

Oct 14, 2007
Dana Point, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Explorer II, Excalibur 1000, GPX4000, Whites DFX, Surfmaster Dual Field PI, Surfmaster PI Pro, 6000 Di, Compass Gold Scanner Pro, 77b auto, 94b auto, Liberty, Red Heat X
Pros: Waterproof, easy functioning buttons, loud audio, good vibrations.

Cons: Falses in saltwater (Southern California) at all sensitivities (VLF so kind of thought it would do that), In the dirt the buttons on the back have a tendency to go off from palm of hand when trying to poke it around in the hole. (this one is kind of irritating) also, for me it takes too long to shut the pin pointer off, holding the green button down for 4-5 seconds.

Last edited:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it louder than the garrett pro pointer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread