Hunting Buddy

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living out here with only a few detectorists, i end up going solo 95% of the time without seeing another hunter. This is a good thing in most cases but I really wish there was someone to hunt with. It's nice to have someone to share finds with and enjoy the finds of others. There are only about 4-5 other that detect here we are all on opposite schedules. Anyway, just wanted to see how everyone else prefers to hunt.

Cory

Upvote 0

Jublain

Oct 16, 2013
Des Arc, AR
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer to hunt with a buddy.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt 95% of the time alone....it's nice when a partner goes with me,we talk quite a bit....I never take attention away from the "SOUND" though.:laughing7:

4 years around here I saw 1 guy detecting.. "in my hot spot"...sure glad He gave up too,left it all for me!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually hunt with a friend and it is nice . I once hunted alone and it was not the same no one to talk to and share finds

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For years I always hunted alone. Never did have a detecting partner, and to tell the truth I liked it that way. It was MY QUIET TIME. I stopped detecting for a while but this year my wife decided that she was interested. So now I have a hunting partner and we are having a ball. Every time we go out it is a contest to see who can out do who. Saddly she always seems to win.

JimK

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt that hunting alone is peaceful, it's much appreciated when you have 2 kids. On the other hand the company is nice too.

Cory

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one friend who I hunt with, and that is usually once a year or so. I prefer to hunt alone. I tend to "get in the zone" and focus on the ground and my detector and am not much for conversation. I also move around a lot to find the areas that produce the best.

I have only seen two other guys detecting, ever. One was at a park two years ago, we were both looking for the same lost ring for a guy. He was a nice fellow, but going behind him I noticed that he just tossed the trash that he found back onto the ground :BangHead:

Last summer I saw another guy detecting, but I didn't get close enough to talk to him. He was a complete slob and seemed to have trouble finding every target that he detected, hence why the ground was so torn up. I take it this guy had very little experience metal detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread