Pin Locating

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have done it but only for friends and neighbors so I don't charge. A beer gratefully accepted.

I guess 56¢/mile travel to and from (IRS rate) and $20/pin would be fair. You'd earn that and then some if someone with 100 wooded acres wanted the boundries found.

HPIM1636.JPG

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found line or corner markers of 1/2" or so rebar driven vertically in the ground a couple of times for friends. Didn't charge them, but one bought my gas as the location to be searched was a bit over an hours drive up and back. Some detectors including one I used have a bit of built in iron rejection in disc. mode so I found it better to use the all metal setting. Also, end on, the rebar may not sound off as well as it would if you were swinging over the length, laying exposed on the surface.
luvsdux

OP
OP
The Silver Pirate

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a very good tip. Thank you.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering how many here have used their machines for property pin locating, rebar locating, or other services and what you charge?
$25/hr plus expenses. 1 hour minimum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread