D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around the bleachers and concession stands, also near dugouts etc unless it is a soccer field then I hunt the entire field. Some of your old ball fields that guys play pickup games are good too. Don't waste your time on newer artificial turf fields. I have never found as much as a dime unless it was on the sidelines. Check the parking areas as well especially if it is a place they park on the grass. I found $25 in clad one morning after a high school football game where they parked on the grass. I detect any place where people congregate

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bleachers and walkways. Parks I go to don't allow detecting on the fields.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many parks I hunt won't allow you to hunt on the sports fields because of the cherry pickers before me that left big holes they never filled them in.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soccer field sidelines usually have lots of trash, clad and on good days, jewelry. I start there, work my way around and eventually hit the entire field. Don't try and do it in a day because you really can't. You can hunt the same fields for months.

I always like to find out where the people sit and watch the games too. It's good to take a look when the fields are in use and make a mental note where the crowds are. They don't always use the bleachers, especially when it's hot. Look for shade trees and hills that give a better view.

Hit all around the bleachers, to the sides, in front of and behind. Same goes for the backstop area on baseball fields. Hit the warm up areas, behind and to the sides of the backstops and any grassy or shady areas where people sit on the ground and watch, and don't forget to hunt all around the benches.

I hit outside the baselines, center field, right field , left field and outfield. ANYWHERE people play is potentially a drop zone. People never seem to learn that playing sports (or swimming) with good jewelry on is never a good idea.

But seriously try and at least drive by your fields when they're in use. That will show you exactly where to begin your hunts.

Hope this helps, good luck and HH.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When hunting a baseball field, I've had the best luck along the foul areas down the 1st and 3rd base lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread