NEL Sharpshooter coil for AT Pro

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About two months ago I purchased a NEL 5.5 X 9.5 sharpshooter coil for my T2. I liked it so well that I decided to try one for my AT Pro. It came in last week and I have had the chance to go out with it twice about 2 1/2 hours total. A very nice product.
On my T2 it has a much better signal and clearer separation than the original coil. On the AT Pro its performance is very similar to the 5 X 8 coil but the depth is much better. I went back over an area that I had really pounded with 5 X 8 and found another $1.32 in clad, a 1953 wheat, a 2 X 2 brass printer's block with Santa Claus coming out of a chimney, a fancy engraved brass paper match book safe and a four or five as yet unidentified objects.
I think the coil is a keeper.
Anyone else having experience with it. I would like to hear their take on it.
The cons on the coil is it is heavier than 5 X 8 and is slower because of the extra depth but is right on with the ID and center of target.
Good Luck & HH

Upvote 0

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree... I have a NEL 5.5 x 9.5 I liked it better than the factory 5x8.. They are both great small coils to use... I sold the 5x8 to my friend and kept the NEL....

Still looking for something better....

OP
OP
J

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree... I have a NEL 5.5 x 9.5 I liked it better than the factory 5x8.. They are both great small coils to use... I sold the 5x8 to my friend and kept the NEL....

Still looking for something better....

Thanks for the reply. I don't believe I can find a better coil that I can handle the weight.
Good Luck & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread