My 2014 Cake - Still in need of the Silver Icing!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The annual finds forum doesn't seem ready for posts, so I'll put it here. :thumbsup:

With the cold and snow having moved in and knowing my time is limited, I decided to get my year end post out of the way early. I know we're not done yet, so I will be out there making a last effort at the things that I have not been able to get my coil over... which strangely at the top of the list is just 1 silver coin! I could use a real nice early copper, and stunning 1812 military button, but the silver has always been something I've taken for granted but it just did not happen. Any additional finds for the year I'll add to this thread, but here it is as it stands right now.

It was a better relics year for me so I'll start with the coins. My old coppers including a very nice 1643 French Double Tournois. Very seldom they come out like this.

4jkqhz.jpg

zhgw.jpg

2ch831e.jpg

2nlvfgp.jpg

The bullets and balls.

2ypkt5c.jpg

Hells Bells! Found most of this walking fields and getting little else.

1zlrxpw.jpg

Misc. relics and a bird band.

s2bfcp.jpg

Watch key

2zi2bzo.jpg

20h7f46.jpg

Early lead button mold

11vo9bb.jpg

The misc. buttons.

33di5hs.jpg

The military

8 pound cannonball

5tzbcz.jpg

Military buttons.

141jc5g.jpg

1700s Navy

34ijvrc.jpg

War of 1812 62nd Regiment

mu7st3.jpg

Early French Marines buttons

106m4h0.jpg

My best find of the year, a Rev War 24th Regiment silver officer button.

23vxngh.jpg

And lastly, my end of the year ritual, throwing my old coppers on the pile! :laughing7:

s15b3k.jpg

Upvote 0

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For not getting out maybe as much as you'd liked I'd say you did pretty well.

Yes I well imagine most coppers as old as that french are blank discs by now, it's good luck to get one like that. You say still looking for a nice early copper, I'd say this is one. Also super watch winder, and military buttons.

BTW, that's a lot more copper, and many more military than I got in 20+ hunts this year.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds!!!

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those old coppers have NICE definition! Can't believe the stockpile of artifacts you've found. I'm coming to your town! *Congrats*

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For not getting out maybe as much as you'd liked I'd say you did pretty well.

Yes I well imagine most coppers as old as that french are blank discs by now, it's good luck to get one like that. You say still looking for a nice early copper, I'd say this is one. Also super watch winder, and military buttons.

BTW, that's a lot more copper, and many more military than I got in 20+ hunts this year.

When I said that I meant large copper because in my mind the French was already off the list.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be glad to send one of your friends a silver Rosie to bury in your yard so you reach your goal.

You are having one heck of a year. Awesome recoveries!

Lloydd

Jun 22, 2004
Lewiston, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal. Whites DFX, Garrett 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds! I like the watch key, especially because of the name. My third great grand father was William Wallace who was the first Wallace in Nova Scotia. He settled in Rawdon in 1784, after leaving South Carolina as a Loyalist. He had come from Ireland to SC in 1773. I will have to see if Robert the jeweler is related! I have wanted to return to NS to try detecting some of the old family property. Well done and happy hunting.
Lloyd Draper

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds! I like the watch key, especially because of the name. My third great grand father was William Wallace who was the first Wallace in Nova Scotia. He settled in Rawdon in 1784, after leaving South Carolina as a Loyalist. He had come from Ireland to SC in 1773. I will have to see if Robert the jeweler is related! I have wanted to return to NS to try detecting some of the old family property. Well done and happy hunting.
Lloyd Draper

Very cool, and quite possibly from the same family because the more history you read the more you realize how much is connected.

Lloydd

Jun 22, 2004
Lewiston, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal. Whites DFX, Garrett 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
William is the ancestor of mine then his son Thomas b. June 5 1795, William was his brother.
Lloyd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread