Upvote 0

Lloydd

Jun 22, 2004
Lewiston, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal. Whites DFX, Garrett 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had heard that they would not do repairs on ProPointers. What was the cost if I may ask?
Lloyd

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an issue with my Pro Pointer falsing to the point where it was unusable. I called Garrett had no problems sending it in for repair. From the day I mailed it to the day I received it back was 14 days. When I got it back I tested it at home and it seemed to be fixed.

However, the first time that I used it in the field it started to turn on and off by itself. I called Garrett back and the lady I spoke with was very apologetic. I once again sent it in and received it back in 12 days. It now works like new.

The Pro Pointers have a 24 month warranty so I was not charged for the repairs. The only money I was out was the shipping charges to send it in. I have to admit that I was frustrated with having to send it in twice. However I couldn't have asked for better customer service from Garrett.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to chime in on Garrett support being A+! 6 months after buying my AT Gold the connector on the headphones broke. I called Kellyco to order a replacement and they directed me to Garrett. 1O minutes on the phone and they were sending me new headphones. Yesterday, I sent an email to Garrett asking if I could purchase a new grip for my Edge digging tool (pushing down on the top had cut the rubber exposing the metal shaft). This morning I get a reply saying they are sending me a new one! YMMV, but that is great service. I can think of several businesses that could take a lesson from Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread