Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had some mild weather last week so I tackled the project of replacing my HVAC. The furnace was shot and I didn't want to go through another winter with a hole in the heat exchanger. I felt that was slightly unsafe. :unhappysmiley:
While working in the attic I came across the first metal detector I ever bought. Forgot that I had kept it. Circa 1979...Treasure Sensor 1000. I was about 11 and had been saving my money. We had a department store called Edisons within walking distance. When I had enough saved I made a bee line to get this thing. What a disappointment! :tongue3:....this machine was such a POS but it was really good to see it after all these years.

Treasure Sensor 1000.jpg

Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first one was a Sears and Roebuck made by Whites. I think its still somewhere, I used it till the coil came apart. I think we got it at a garage sale when I was probably 12 or so. I dug many a pull tab with it!!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have my Bounty Hunter 202, works if I connect the wires tight lol.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehh, an old Radio shack Microntia back about 1981. Found pennies in the yard and at my school some other cash. Eventually got bored and took it apart along with a bunch of other electronics. This prompted my dad to get me an 100 in 1 electronics lab and I eventually made my second detector.... got bored and promptly took it apart too.... made another.... and just picked up a Bounty Hunter some years later. Never did figure out what happened to all the parts and the last detector I made... got lost in yet another move *more like mom or dad got tired of hauling my junk around... lost big parts of my rock collections to but strangely always had the core of my good stuff* Gotta love the parents for putting up with me.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first was one my wife bought from Fingerhut:BangHead: She meant well but that thing drove me nuts,It did find stuff so I sent it to my grandkids when I bought my AT Gold.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is pretty cool reminiscing about our first machines. One thing I thought of was that I never found a single coin with the Treasure Sensor 1000. This detector was so annoying! The only thing I remember digging up was large junk. Maybe I should replace the battery and use it until I find a coin with it. I'm wondering what kind of challenge that would be?? With the years of experience gained since 1979 it would be fun to try!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is pretty cool reminiscing about our first machines. One thing I thought of was that I never found a single coin with the Treasure Sensor 1000. This detector was so annoying! The only thing I remember digging up was large junk. Maybe I should replace the battery and use it until I find a coin with it. I'm wondering what kind of challenge that would be?? With the years of experience gained since 1979 it would be fun to try!
I bet with your new knowledge you could adjust that thing up and it would make you proud...or maybe not. :tongue3:

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet with your new knowledge you could adjust that thing up and it would make you proud...or maybe not. :tongue3:

I think I just found my limitation! I put a battery in it and did some air tests...not good! :censored:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread