Silver coin value calculator

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The true value of any coin is what it has sold for on Ebay. I have a silver quarter valued at $180, yet on Ebay they have sold for $16 all day every day. To check the value go to Ebay, search your coin and year, on the left side check the box for completed auctions, find one similar to yours in condition, and see what it sold for. It's only worth what somebody will pay and completed auctions at Ebay will tell what that amount is.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The true value of any coin is what it has sold for on Ebay. I have a silver quarter valued at $180, yet on Ebay they have sold for $16 all day every day. To check the value go to Ebay, search your coin and year, on the left side check the box for completed auctions, find one similar to yours in condition, and see what it sold for. It's only worth what somebody will pay and completed auctions at Ebay will tell what that amount is.

That may be true, I'm just posting a link I stumbled across and thought I'd share. Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I've done the eBay searches too but they always burst my bubble. I never find silver coins anyway just regular clad and jewelry.
Good luck and HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And what silver quarter is that would like to check them out

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Site! Thats easier then going to the Coinflation site. Its straight and to the point!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He posted a calculator that shows the scrap value of the coin by its weight...your talking about the value of a coin for its condition and rarity...two different things.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
He posted a calculator that shows the scrap value of the coin by its weight...your talking about the value of a coin for its condition and rarity...two different things.

Thank You LD!
For those that don't like it obviously don't have to use it.
LD...congrats on that killer 24k find!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you might have taken me wrong or my wording could be better. After rereading post I did sound like kind of a dick and apologize for that, because that was not my intention. I appreciate the post and understand it is value by weight.

I also get my bubble burst and depressed when I look on ebay and see how cheap they are selling for. You look up the value of a coin, see that fat high price, and say heck yea! Then you go on ebay and get your bubble burst..... Been there!

I haven't looked at prices in awhile just because I got tired of having my bubble burst. I would assume, and might be wrong, that most older silver coins should always be worth more than the melt value. I don't bother looking at melt value because you can't legally melt them anyway. I just hang onto mine and admire them once in a while. It doesn't take long because I don't have a ton of silver coins.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you might have taken me wrong or my wording could be better. After rereading post I did sound like kind of a dick and apologize for that, because that was not my intention. I appreciate the post and understand it is value by weight. I also get my bubble burst and depressed when I look on ebay and see how cheap they are selling for. You look up the value of a coin, see that fat high price, and say heck yea! Then you go on ebay and get your bubble burst..... Been there! I haven't looked at prices in awhile just because I got tired of having my bubble burst. I would assume, and might be wrong, that most older silver coins should always be worth more than the melt value. I don't bother looking at melt value because you can't legally melt them anyway. I just hang onto mine and admire them once in a while. It doesn't take long because I don't have a ton of silver coins.

You are absolutely correct on the face value being more then the weight of its silver content, no argument there. No need to apologize for anything at all. We all know it's not for everyone, I just try to help out a few who may be lost in the dark on either or both areas of its Value. I've also been guilty of posting and it coming off the wrong way without the intention. It's hard to read someone via text and sometimes silly sarcasm can be interpreted as a vulgar comment. No harm no foul, never thought anything I'll of your post...Thanks though but no need. Happy hunting, good luck and be safe.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you might have taken me wrong or my wording could be better. After rereading post I did sound like kind of a dick and apologize for that, because that was not my intention. I appreciate the post and understand it is value by weight.

I also get my bubble burst and depressed when I look on ebay and see how cheap they are selling for. You look up the value of a coin, see that fat high price, and say heck yea! Then you go on ebay and get your bubble burst..... Been there!

I haven't looked at prices in awhile just because I got tired of having my bubble burst. I would assume, and might be wrong, that most older silver coins should always be worth more than the melt value. I don't bother looking at melt value because you can't legally melt them anyway. I just hang onto mine and admire them once in a while. It doesn't take long because I don't have a ton of silver coins.
There was nothing wrong with your post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions