Yoga Rooster and the giant hole.

Mojaveman

Nov 3, 2014
Orange County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park was less then 1000 yards away, but I drove my ole beast over there anyways. This was the first time my old lady was going to the park with me, she usually shy's away from anything that's not relic hunting and camping :laughing7:. We get to the park and thankfully it was completely empty.

After 10 minutes of detecting, it was apparent that this park hadn't been hit in sometime. We found 5 quarters, a nickle and some sort of door knocker thing within the first 15 feet of sweeping the detector. I hit a huge sound a few minutes later and got down to probe a little. Finding nothing, I scan again. Damm! Whatever it is it's deep, so I decide to dig a plug, small one abut 2 inches deep. I remove the material and dammit...the signal is still hard. I'm using my probe, trying to find anything that might make it worth digging further. So of course, I remove two more inches from the hole. Still nothing, signal is still in the hole and now I have a plug that's 5 inches across by 5 inches deep ...

It's at this time that I hear the sound of a car door slam. I glance over my shoulder and here she comes...miss 50 year old yoga pants, Starbucks in hand and rug rats piling out of her mini van. I do my best to ignore the people, but it's a very small park and her kids sound like she's had them locked up in a cage for a week based on the amount of screams they let out in a matter of seconds.

I decided to finish my hole, finds my treasure and get the heck out of dodge, alas. Yoga pants lady decides to investigate and the first words out of her mouth, sounding like an angry Rooster "Awre yuu Diggggin up ooour park?" She had this strange way of making the vowels last longer for all her words. I immediately felt the need to throw a ball of mud at her, but in a polite nod of my head I said "No Ma'am, just looking for trash and the occasional gold bar." She glanced at the humongous hole I had dug...I don't think she believed me and she definitely did not like my gold bar joke.

By now, my old lady had returned from the car with my big knife...the hole was getting kinda deep, and my little 3 inch knife wasn't getting the job done. S I had asked the girl to head to the truck and retrieve the bigger knife...This was a 9 inch blade that might have scared crocodile dundee. She walked up top me and didn't realize the confrontation taking place and proceeded to cut right in from of the Yoga rooster and hand me a gigantic knife.

The Yoga Rooster did a double take and without even meeting her glance I went back to my hole. She then decided that after the appearance of "the Knife" It would be a good idea to try and turn her charm on "Weeell, I juuust wanteeed to bee sueere you weren't deeestroying the paaark" I gave a small look upwards and waved one dirty hand at her and gave my best smile. I watched her walk back to her munchkins, but she went to the car instead and just kind of sat there. I don't think she liked me...

Turning around, I was defeated. I couldn't finish the hole, she had unnerved me. I handed off the tools back to my little lady, dumped out my drop cloth of soil, set the plug and admired my handiwork.

Was pretty hard to tell some jackass had dug a 5 inch hole there moments ago :D

With that, we headed to the truck. Mind you, it was a thousand yards, maybe less back to home. As I'm turning into my drive way, two squad cars head past me at slightly above the avg speed. One quick glance into my rear view mirror gave me all the info i needed. They turned right into the circle driveway of the park. I shook my head once, and pulled into the driveway. and headed inside, Another afternoon of detecting has come and gone.

The Yoga Rooster had not only defeated me with her presence, she had also called the fuzz on me :) Thankfully, nothing became of it and no detectives came banging down my door. I never did find my target in that hole...some other time I suppose :)

Upvote 0

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So she left her precious ones out among the knife man and she sat in the car all nice and secure huh?!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dug a two foot deep hole and pulled a knife on her...at least that's probably what Yoga Rooster told the cops... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions