Xp Deus Vs. E-Trac

Spike5887

Jul 22, 2013
South-West Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next year I will be purchasing one of these detectors. I was dead set on the E-Trac until I visited my local Detecting store and they told me about the Deus. so now im hoping you can help me in deciding what I will go with. I dont really have a set detecting style lately its been where I can walk around and swing it. I currently have an At Pro.

Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went from ATP to Deus back in June... and have not looked back. I like the Deus, configurable, ultra light, fast and wireless. I do not like the wired headset... I just couldn't get used to it, always in the way. That eliminated Etrac from consideration, for me. I looked at CTX instead, also nice to have a water proof machine. The Deus works well for me, the only other machine I would consider is a CTX.

The Etrac has a huge following. Most of the good hunters around here have one, or another Minelabs machine. I have seen the Etrac pull all sorts of good targets out of trashy areas. It is an excellent machine.

Tough choice. Good luck.

roadapple

Nov 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The CTX is over priced. Only if you must have a water machine (and some leak) is it a possible choice over the E-Trac. Ask yourself why the E-trac has such a huge following ? Because this machine really WORKS !!!! Do more research on how many used machines are for sale and you will open your eyes about the Deus compaired to the E-trac. Good Luck in your choice .

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of these machines are great. Each has its plusses and minuses.... The Etrac is a silver coin killer, is a bit heavier than some other options but also has a ton of coil options. The Deus is deep, light, wireless and limited to three coil options. I have both, and find myself using both.... don't think you can go wrong with either machine. :)

OP
OP
S

Spike5887

Jul 22, 2013
South-West Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i would love to get both I'm married and am limited to one lol

jhapes78

Greenie
Oct 19, 2013
Ks
Detector(s) used
E trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ..I can tell you what I have gone thru...I bought the Etrac then sold it and got the Xp dues..sold it and bought the v3i...sold it and bought the Etrac.....now this I will stay with....I started out with the fisher f2 ....I can also tell you I had all these machines pretty well figured out and new how to get the performance out of them all....I did this over a5 yr. span...I wanted (what I think is the best machine for me) ..the xp dues was fun but found vdi was very jumpy and but is a very good detector...the V3i in my opinion is probly the best detector on the market..( BUT ) ..takes a very long time to learn to get settings right to get max performance....you have to ground balance before detecting...check mineralization... And I could go on and on...meanwhile my buddy with the Etrac is already diggin a coin....So now I have the Etrac again and wont look back...just learn what ever you pick and learn what the detector is trying to tell you.....final note I pick the Etrac because of depth ...accurate vdi even on deep targets...not a Hugh learning curve ...and turn on and go...good luck

Last edited:

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I have both. An E Trac and a Deus and I cannot decide which one I like more so I use both off and on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread