Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realized a pic from my http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/372848-most-pull-tabs-one-hole.html post had meme potential. If the fishing guys can use it...so can we. :tongue3:

Spread the meme!

Bad Day Detecting Meme.jpg

Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like treasure to me!

HH,

Pete

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A handful of tabs is a good thing. It means you are that much closer to finding gold!

ps249

Dec 17, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing we can be thankful to the Tesoro users for is cleaning up the pulltabs ;)

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing we can be thankful to the Tesoro users for is cleaning up the pulltabs ;)

Garrett users clean them up too :thumbsup:

Last time I found 560 tabs and 127 nickels before I found gold.

2014-10-06 21.27.10.jpg

I am under the impression that I am one of the few who actually hauls out trash that I find, including tabs. I have only personally met three other guys who detect in my area, and every single one of them toss the trash back into the hole or onto the ground. I often wonder how many times some of these guys dig the same piece of trash over and over again during each hunt :BangHead:

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
That is not a good ratio of PT's to gold but realistic in your case! AND probably mine too!
I always haul off trash from any place I hunt.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only people who metal detect really understand how truly annoying pull tabs are hahahaha.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1086461

I am under the impression that I am one of the few who actually hauls out trash that I find, including tabs. I have only personally met three other guys who detect in my area, and every single one of them toss the trash back into the hole or onto the ground. I often wonder how many times some of these guys dig the same piece of trash over and over again during each hunt :BangHead:
You must be hunting parks or schools......it's a much better ratio at a swimming beach.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1086461

I I am under the impression that I am one of the few who actually hauls out trash that I find, including tabs. I have only personally met three other guys who detect in my area, and every single one of them toss the trash back into the hole or onto the ground. I often wonder how many times some of these guys dig the same piece of trash over and over again during each hunt :BangHead:

saw a guy get a $500 ticket after he threw trash back into the hole he dug... cop told him "once you dig it, it is now in your possession" "possession" is 9/10's of the law".. I heard that he tried to fight it in court and was slapped with additional court costs... the littering jackass got what he deserved.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must be hunting parks or schools......it's a much better ratio at a swimming beach.

These were all found on parks, sidewalk tear-outs, or private property. I excluded beach hunting just for that reason. Beaches around here are either loaded with trash or completely devoid of any targets at all.

You can read about my ridiculous quest of digging tabs until I found gold here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/427103-pro-pull-tab-nickel-gold-ratio-experiement.html

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YEP ! The only thing worse than finding a pull tab once, is finding it TWICE.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not mind digging the pull tabs if my M6 would just stop calling them "ring" it just gets my hopes up!.......then I swear I hear it laugh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread