Blades 2014 Clad Contest!!

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blade's 2014 Guess the Clad Total Contest!!

UPDATED: See bottom of this post for total and winner of the contest.

After seeing another member's clad contest I decided to steal his idea and do one myself. I started detecting in Dec of last year, so this is my first year's worth of clad. The pennies are separated from the rest so maybe that will make it easier to guess. :)

The prize isn't very much, but we are really doing this for the fun of it, right? :laughing7: As of right now, the prize is a 1971 clad dollar. I may add something else later, but that will be the minimum.

Rules are: Take a guess at the total and the closest wins. Doesn't matter if you go over. I don't have a set time limit when I'll stop taking guesses, but I'll update the title when that happens. (Probably about 1 to 2 weeks.) 1 guess per person!

Edited to add: Contest ending on Saturday December 6th at 3pm. Any guesses after that time will not be counted.

The bottle with the NON pennies has a concave bottom, so factor that into your guess. Also, there are some dollar coins in there. :happysmiley:

Good luck!

Edited: I'll add that if somebody guesses within $1.00 I'll throw in a 1972 clad dollar.

Nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars

Bottom

Pennies

Prize:

The total of the clad was: $193.67

With the closest guess of $169.69, the winner of the contest is BC1969. BC, please PM me your address and I will send out your prize next week.

To be honest, I was very happy with this total. My personal guess would have been about $150.

There were 12 1 dollar coins, about 425 quarters, around 1250 pennies and the rest in dimes and nickels.

This has no bearing on the contest, but earlier in the year I was at home and needed a few bucks fast, so I pulled some out of the jar. I'm guessing if I had left that in I would have been right at $200 in clad for the year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy I'll say it did! They could have rolled it there in that amount of time. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread