Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 71 penny would have come up as 1 cent & the 88 may have read zinc on your M6 display. The brass may have read quarter. At lest that's what mine would have done with it.
Gold on mine reads as foil the # depends on the size of the ring.
If any target bounces around in the coin range dig it.
And mine loves can slaw!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The M-6 is a sleeper as far as I'm concerned...had mine since 5/2010,suits me just fine after thousands of hours.Learn what it's telling you....if possible get yourself a set of HIGH impedance headphones..they make a BIG difference.

Be Patient and Persistent..you'll REALLY LIKE what you find....Research!

GOD Bless

Chris

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At one point I belonged to a detector club and one fellow with an M6 was pretty darned consistant at vacuuming coins up. I was impressed with him and that detector.

Almost bought an M-6 but the local Whites dealer was by appointment and he blew me off twice for an appointment after I drove half-an-hour to get there (burning up personal time to stretch my lunch break) and the second time sent his wife to wave coins glued to plastic paddles indoors. I got a bad taste for Whites, unfortunately, for no fault of the maufacturer and ended up with a used Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions