Beach Detecting Advice

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still relatively new to metal detecting. I have worked beaches before and they are my favorite. I am planning a trip to a beach that I know has an 16th century offshore wreck. Thats why I picked the location. I am suscribed to a Treasure Hunting magazine from England and have read an article with advice on beach detecting. Such as work where areas where debris seem to accumulate. Look carefully for low spots where the heavys may settle. Like that you know. Can anyone chime in on their methodoly and advice when it comes to beach detecting. I am going to use a Tesoro Sand Shark and maybe a Pulse 8X. I am hoping for a good storm before I go so the bottom gets churned up a bit. Any advice?

Upvote 0

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all in here- its the beechhunters bible- which is being hosted on Treasurenet.

The Golden Olde

You have to follow each and every link, which I advise you to print as you go.
A wealth of tips and Tricks. RIP Norm Garmush ( the Author)
Good luck

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Thanks so much will do!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome- funny thing, it's Sandman you can thank, as he put me on to it when I asked a very similar question a few years ago. Good luck

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DRINKY CROW!!! love that show. anyways, Mr.T had recommended the same site to me as well. the site is a bit outdated webstyle-wise, but if you push through it, im sure there will be awesome information. i started reading, but i can only do a little at a time. GL and HH!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff in there. Most of it is common sense but it sure never hurts to learn what is successful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread