Tip for detecting in the cold

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know if this was a common thing to do, but on real cold days, I put a couple of these around the foam grip of the detector. Helps keep your hand warm. At first they don't seem to want to stick, but after a few minutes of holding them, they stay on fine.

http://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Adhe...8&qid=1418089876&sr=1-1&keywords=feet+warmers

There are other sizes, but these are the ones my wife just happened to purchase for my son who goes to school in the mountains. He doesn't really use them so I thought I would. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wear underwear

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on 2 pairs of the cheap rubber gloves first then my warm mittens over. It seems to keep the wind off the hands and keeps them a little warmer especially if the snow gets the gloves wet.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good,but I say just move to Texas,72 and sunny here today,A/C on in the house:laughing7:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer staying indoors and working on my coin collection. I love to metal detect but up here in northern Pa. the cold is just miserable. So I prefer to just wait for the thaw out before going out. That's just me though.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm. Good pong12211. While you're inside avoiding the cold, waiting for May 2015, I'll find out where you are located and dig all coins you could have found. ha-ha. Cheer -up. Before you know it, summer will be here and we'll all be complaining about the heat and humidity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread