Very first Gold Ring!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I almost ended the day thinking it was a flop. Drove about 15 miles to one potential soccer park to see that it was TO nice to dig up. It was under "soccer rejuvenation" & was a Hispanic field in a VERY Hispanic neighborhood & being the white-boy I am, I didn't feel like dying today. Needless to say, I left.
Then I went to a local small park. About a 1/2 acre of grass & a little league baseball field. 2.25 cents & about 3 hrs later I went home for lunch, then to my tried & true 3 acre local park. This park tends to get me clad after clad after clad. First time I hit this place I got 19 quarters in 2 hrs a& a bunch of other denominations. SO this time I decided to slow down and go after pretty much every hit since it's a fairly clean park. Now I have a Garrett AT Gold & my numbers are usually 45 down is trash. 45-55 is a tab. 55 to 60 usually a nickle, 60-69 tabs/trash. 70 to 82 penny, 80 to 85 dime & a loud 83+ tends to be a quarter or dollar.
Anyways, I hit anything that had a 45 up.
Tab, tab, tab, foil, trash, tab tab.. etc.....As my patience was wearing thin I hit another 45. I just wish I would of taken the digger a little more gently. Out comes a 14k ring with an opal & small diamonds around it. Score. I was/am pretty stoked. May not be that 5000.00 engagment ring I'm looking for but it's better than a damn penny. Screenshot_2014-12-08-18-19-54.png
Screenshot_2014-12-08-18-20-43.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocknRolla

Greenie
Oct 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find man...haven't found any gold yet. Can't wait to see that come out of the ground, doubt myself and then look closely to make the confirmation lol. More to come for us both...I don't think we'll have a problem digging tabs for a while!

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got to love that thrill of the first real good ring, Found about 7-10 gold plated stuff before finding a
a solid 10K gold ring at a beach, I remember mine vividly... Good for you Jeep! Hope you get some more plunder!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Should post it in todays finds so more people can see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread