Need Help Dating Site!!

Jblue64

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not had a chance to actually use my detector yet but am curious how old the site could be. It is an old house in the middle of the woods with no notable paths up to it. Only reason I even saw it was that it was about 500 feet of a pipeline right of way. There was and hold water well that I almost fell in… I'm curious when they stop making these using these. Is in south eastern Ohio and the picture is attached. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418843192.592050.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jblue64

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! I love researching this stuff, half the fun.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using HMW as G.A.P. suggested, you may find that an old road once passed by the location.
I have a couple ghost roads in my neck of the woods with a few homesteads marked along the way in what is now a huge farm field.
I have yet to contact the land owner about detecting, but it will be a hike just to get to them.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know of a man who recently passed away that dug a well and lined it with fieldstone; so that would be about 40 years ago. I drank from it and lived.

It's still a good way to make a well if there is an artesian spring available. I have a site on my property I could do that if I needed water.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you need help dating site, try OkCupid... you're sure to find a date on that site.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detect it. Finds from there will possibly give you an idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread