Took me a month

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
to fully deplete my local 3.96 acre park of 99.9% clad and valuables. I can say that with utmost confidence (down to about 8 inches lol). I went there 7 times, ea time about 3 hrs. It was a medium trashed park. Now its pristine. I must have dug 100 plugs at least and they grass didn't die. That alone gives me pride. 71.00 in coins 1 silver bracelet, 2 silver rings , 5 costume rings, an infinite amount of tabs and trash, and one 14k ring with an opal center stone with 4 small diamonds set around it. I'm kind of sad now because I need to find another park.. This was only 1.5 miles from my house...and it was a heavy producer.

Upvote 0

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet if you go back tomorrow you will find more clad.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may think you've gotten 99.9% of the good targets, but, I bet if you or someone else with experience goes back there, it will surprise you how many targets you've missed. If course, modern coins, jewelry, and trash will continue to be lost there every day. Which park? Eucalyptus?

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would guess there is still more good targets there. I hunted a friends VERY small yard and I thought I covered it pretty well. My last time there I found a sterling bracelet that I have no idea how I missed the first 3 or 4 times there.

I know what you mean about having a place to hunt close by where you live. Makes it very convenient to head over after work for short hunts.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to work beside a town park and hunted it on my lunch hours all through the summer. In five years I never dried it out. Always something else, something more, different soil conditions.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oh I'm sure there's much more there. It just feels good to think I scrubbed it clean. :)

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back and search at a right angle from the direction
you were sweeping the first time. You'll be amazed how
much more you find. (Well, I was, anyway. At parks and
beaches I've tried, not your park.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread