🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got the xpointer and have not used it yet. Still love the Pro Pointer. One thing you need to do on the Pro Pointer is to ground balance before searching. This will eliminate the falsing. There should be no false reading if properly ground balanced. For those who do not know how to ground balance with the pinpointer off stick in the hole and turn on with the tip on the dirt. If you do not do this you may be chasing invisible targets all over the place.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll find that the XPointer doesn't need ground balancing not to false. Turn it on and it finds targets if they are 2 inches or so of the tip. It doesn't beep unless there is metal there. Period.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the pink. You would not have a hard time finding it if you lost it. And no one would take it as it is too girly looking.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You ! Being the 3030 Is close enough to the Explorer in Circuitry ,
I would be comfortable thinking it would be OK then :thumbsup:

Jeff,

I just ran into an issue on the interference. I was about 800 feet away from a cell phone tower and the xpointer and pistol probe both drove the CTX crazy. I manually adjusted the audio channel and it helped some but the combined signals were too much. The lower channels were the best.

Other than that situation there has not been interference from the xpointer to the ctx or vice versa.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the pink. You would not have a hard time finding it if you lost it. And no one would take it as it is too girly looking.

in the picture it could pass for purple I guess :tongue3:
but the color pink not connected to a young ladies Shorts
hurts my eyes :laughing7:

images.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread