Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BVI I think you would be bored to death with all our meager finds. Lol Kinda like diggin trash after the pirate booty your used to. :)

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BVI I think you would be bored to death with all our meager finds. Lol Kinda like diggin trash after the pirate booty your used to. :)

Maybe I should stick to river rafting and fishing......:occasion14:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends. Macon county doesn't have a lot to offer other than Civil War relics. Neighboring Cherokee County has gold deposits along the Nantahala River/Gorge.

Preliminary map showing location of principal gold deposits in North Carolina :: North Carolina Maps

Most mining is sapphires and some rubies. You are close to the Smokey Mountain National Park and Nantahala Forest, both off limits to MD. Route 64 East towards Highlands has a park at the top of the mountain on the left (just before Highlands, which is a pretty town). The Nantahala and Tuckasegee rivers offer good trout fishing. The Nantahala Cascades offer Class III to V rapids if you're up to it.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends. Macon county doesn't have a lot to offer other than Civil War relics. Neighboring Cherokee County has gold deposits along the Nantahala River/Gorge.

Preliminary map showing location of principal gold deposits in North Carolina :: North Carolina Maps

Most mining is sapphires and some rubies. You are close to the Smokey Mountain National Park and Nantahala Forest, both off limits to MD. Route 64 East towards Highlands has a park at the top of the mountain on the left (just before Highlands, which is a pretty town). The Nantahala and Tuckasegee rivers offer good trout fishing. The Nantahala Cascades offer Class III to V rapids if you're up to it.

Hope this helps.

Great info! thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Some CW relics would be just fine!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The mountain areas were even poorer and less populated than the city areas we hunt. Like RR said, after what you find, you won't like what we have around here. Maybe you are staying at an old cabin... you might be able to find a little something there.

The trout fishing is WAY better than in the Virgin Islands though!
GL&HH.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The mountain areas were even poorer and less populated than the city areas we hunt. Like RR said, after what you find, you won't like what we have around here. Maybe you are staying at an old cabin... you might be able to find a little something there.

The trout fishing is WAY better than in the Virgin Islands though!
GL&HH.

we have rented a brand new cabin - so no treasure or caches there :BangHead:

Think I'll leave the MD and take the fishing rod and bottle opener......:occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah BIV Hunter
I,d Leave the machine at home unless you just wanna hit some 'New ground'
I live only a little over an hour south of there & every time we have gone up & I have taken the Detector I have never used it.
Plus the Nat, Parks off limits thing really don't make sense to me , I understand protecting the Forest & Eco System but ???
I guess it's where the US Gov, Buries all their Loot.
Enjoy Your Trip.
Davers

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah BIV Hunter
I,d Leave the machine at home unless you just wanna hit some 'New ground'
I live only a little over an hour south of there & every time we have gone up & I have taken the Detector I have never used it.
Plus the Nat, Parks off limits thing really don't make sense to me , I understand protecting the Forest & Eco System but ???
I guess it's where the US Gov, Buries all their Loot.
Enjoy Your Trip.
Davers

The argument I heard about NPs and NFs is that all the property is owned by the citizens of the United States as a whole. And one citizen cannot take what rightly belongs to all. Go figure, huh?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we have rented a brand new cabin - so no treasure or caches there :BangHead:

Think I'll leave the MD and take the fishing rod and bottle opener......:occasion14:
New cabin? So what? The earth under the cabin is ancient! Check with the very old locals. They may be able to put you onto something. Sometimes just finding a thing or two becomes a winning find! Check them(it) out. Never give up! TTC

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The argument I heard about NPs and NFs is that all the property is owned by the citizens of the United States as a whole. And one citizen cannot take what rightly belongs to all. Go figure, huh?

:icon_santa:....OOOOOOOOk

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol...............Merry Christmas Daveman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread