Muddy Boots

Greenie
Dec 19, 2014
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wanting a metal detector for some time now and finally decided to buy myself one as a Christmas gift to myself. I bought a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 this morning on my way home from Dicks sporting goods. I rushed home and put it together making sure not to break anything (damn thing was expensive) I get it all together press the power button and.........nothing happened! The hell! I followed the instructions.......crap forgot the batteries! I head out to the nearest gas station and pick up a couple of 9v batts and head home making a mental note to steal some 9v's from work. I get home and put the batteries in and press the power button (the anticipation is killing me) Beep, beep! it fired up. I walk outside to the front yard and begin sweeping as I read the instructions and learn the different tones. Finally when I get to the big tree on the edge of the property.....BEEP,BEEP......Found something! Quickly I begin to dig, thinking of the treasure I have found....I hope its gold I say to myself as I franticly dig down, 1 inch...2 inches...ok getting tired.......3 inches..."whew, those guys on Treasurenet.com must have massive bicep muscles! 4 inches down...I found it, wait...what is it! I took my new found treasure inside to the sink and begin to wash off the years of dirt and mud only to find a gun......lighter! 20141223_091344_resized.jpg In the back of my mind I was hoping to find a old coin or some kind of buried treasure I still had a great morning, and I walked away with 2 new things, a rusted lighter gun, and a new hobby that I will enjoy for years to come! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good start!

It's always a mystery what you'll turn up.

Here's to many more.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet! You will find all sorts of stuff. And this is the place to find answers to the little questions that will help enjoy this hobby.

FragFox

Dec 21, 2014
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Soak that baby in some WD-40 overnight and see how it comes out!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet. Good to see another NC detectorist on here.

As you have found out rather quickly, you just can't ever tell what might show up under the coil.

Good luck!

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with b 2200 and got hooked welcome to the hobby

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every target we locate, even after all these years gives us all the Goosebumps, happy digging :thumbsup:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice... But wait till you see the twinkle of gold in the hole... Hehehe!!!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good story! That is not a bad first find. Better than a Zinc Penny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread