Detecting in USA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
By "LA", do you mean: Louisiana ? Or Los Angeles ?

If you meant Los Angeles (in CA), The rules in CA are simple: Yes you can a) have a metal detector, and b) detect the beaches here in southern CA. The only law is that you must pay me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. :)

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louisiana? Hah! that was good one :) Los Angeles of course

30% of all finds? Are you a cop haha?

But if i can use your detector and you can be my guide 30% is ok

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also i can offer to be host here in Serbia to those who can take me somewhere to detect and let me use their detector. I know many ancient Roman sites where you can detect freely and find Roman and Bizantine coins. Also you can find other ancient and medieval coins :occasion14: :metaldetector:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
viminacium, actually "LA" is, in fact, the abbreviation for Louisiana (as all our states have 2 digit abbreviations for the post office).

Do you have your own detector ? If so are you bringing it ? I'm about 4 or 5 hrs. north of Los Angeles area. But there's local md'rs down there who you can no doubt hook up with to show you the beaches. If you want to drive north, I'll take you to some beaches in my part of CA :)

I don't have any plans to travel to Serbia anytime soon, but it sounds like fun! Wish I could go :)

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my own detector but i wont bring it. Will have too much stuff with me anyway... But will bring some Roman coins and goodies with me :)

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drop me a message. I am in the LA area and can help out. You can detect parks and beaches and private land with landowners permission.

As for Serbia - I may actually take you up on the offer. I work for a company in Austria so am starting to explore the countries around there while over there for work. Just to see other areas are great but now starting to look into detecting and hunting while over there.

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drop me a message. I am in the LA area and can help out. You can detect parks and beaches and private land with landowners permission.

As for Serbia - I may actually take you up on the offer. I work for a company in Austria so am starting to explore the countries around there while over there for work. Just to see other areas are great but now starting to look into detecting and hunting while over there.

Great! Drop me a message

olstinker

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louisiana? Hah! that was good one :) Los Angeles of course

30% of all finds? Are you a cop haha?

But if i can use your detector and you can be my guide 30% is ok

Whats wrong with Louisiana ?

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ok but people from Europe usually visit Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Washington...

olstinker

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its ok but people from Europe usually visit Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Washington...

There are 3 recognized La's in the Us. There is Los Angeles, Louisiana, and last but not least, Lower Alabama.

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you know that because you are from US. But we from Europe only know Los Angleles as LA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread