Metal Detecting

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats. now go get a straight shaft. My AT tears my wrists up... Took a wk off to let the numbness subside. oh , and I just ordered an anderson carbon fiber SS.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Congrats. now go get a straight shaft. My AT tears my wrists up... Took a wk off to let the numbness subside. oh , and I just ordered an anderson carbon fiber SS.

I will look into this. I have swung some. I have young kids so dont get to hunt a whole lot.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I got one also.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:

I totally agree! The weight of the detector is on your index finger, which causes pain in the upper forearm/elbow. Even with my Minelab Proswing it still gives me issues after many hours. I have a carbon anderson shaft on the way, can't wait!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go with the 5x8 coil, makes all the difference in the world!!! I am 60 years old, and can swing it 3-4 hours at a time, with the 5x8 DD................way better than the stock coil

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Well I am the proud owner of this machine now. My awesome wife and kids got me one for CHRISTmas. The weather has been rainy here have swung some and found some clad. This is my third machine looking forward to posting some finds in the NEAR future.

Well had my 2 year old son with me so hunted 5 minutes and played the rest. Quarter and some cents of course a pull tab. The shield I am not sure of have found 2 in my backyard through the years.

ForumRunner_20141227_115737.png

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I like the audio tones of the Pro yet the AT Gold sounds like a screaming banshie. Very harsh tones. You won't be mistaken when you find something w/the Gold though. It isn't casual with telling you.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If you detect with your elbow above the cuff strap the AT Pro becomes better balanced with less fatigue!
Congrats on your awesome gift!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good choice. I used to like to hunt at Boone Lake this time of year, when I lived at Misty Waters and the lake was drained down. I had to be careful with my Garretts at the time not being waterproof. Lakeview Marina may still let you detect there. Lots of junk but a good amount of stuff lost by drunk fishermen.:laughing7:

Don't know if Warriors Path still allows detecting. It was nice as well. And there are parks around the fairgrounds at the airport I-26 exit as well. Once I moved to Greeneville (5 years ago) I had to find new places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread