FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yamashita's Gold Recovery Detecting On TV

Tonight Friday Dec 26 at 9 PM Eastern on the American Heroes Channel, AHC 287 on DIRECTV is a great
show on Yamashita's gold and the recovery and metal detecting it, recovered in the
Phillipines, I seen it Tusday and it is fascinating.

Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like it might be interesting!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Randy, thanx for the heads up. I tuned in and was amused watching it. Isn't Hollywood sensationalism great? Unfortunately, it's all a bogus trumped up story . I commented on your find-mall thread of the same topic.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy, thanx for the heads up. I tuned in and was amused watching it. Isn't Hollywood sensationalism great? Unfortunately, it's all a bogus trumped up story . I commented on your find-mall thread of the same topic.

Tom,

Didn't watch it, but the story of Yama$hita's Treasure is far from bogus or trumped up. Just look at the wealth the Nazi's accrued in just four years of looting Europe. The Japanese had been looting national banks for ten years before the Nazi's rolled across their first border.

My biggest problems with the story is that we had Prince Chichibu's (Japanese Prince in charge of Operation Golden Lily) Driver after the war (Ben Valmores). He was one of a very few people that had first hand knowledge of all the places he drove the Prince to where gold was hidden. He led (at the time) Captain Edward Lansdale (OSS and CIA) to many of the sites he remembered.

Yama Gold

Although I haven't spent a ton of time researching the story, the main reason I believe it DID exist at one time is because of my friendship with Dr. Lambert Dolphin who was the head Physicist at Stanford Research Institute (SRI) for about 35 years. He is also widely known as the father of modern ground penetrating radar. He went to the Philippines to assist in the search for some of this wealth. What is left? Who knows? The biggest issue now is that most of the people involved in the hunt now are Philippine Gangsters and Confidence Men.

Mike

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
gollum, so too does EVERY treasure story various stages, steps, data-points, etc... that lend it credibility. I mean, doh, if there were nothing anyone could point to, to drum up the story/legend, well then ........ it wouldn't be a legend to begin with !

Check out the comments on Findmall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread