Finally got my baby

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Picked up a * M I N T * Excalibur 1000 today off of craigslist. Flawless. Taking it to the beach tomorrow and I feel like a kid on Christmas eve right now. My buddy helped educate me a bit about his and I fell in love with his remote pinpointer that he has on the tip of his hand grip. So far I have a chest mount for it and plan to get the remote PP, Anderson CF straight shaft and need to get a coil cover as well. Love the tones it makes. Sounds like a romantic language compared to the Germanic screams my AT Gold makes.

Upvote 0

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay, I know that feeling...lol. Congratulations and let us know how you did!

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
It was a bust. I found 4 quarters, 3 penny's, a dog chain, and a suspect gold earing (that's a positive I guess). My buddy who went with me who also has a 1000 found about 4.00 in change, and a c-clip with a mans 14k plain wedding ring, a womans cheaper (go figure) 10k ring w/a few suspect "diamonds" in it and a navy ring... GRRR... Game on!!! The low tide wasnt really.. It was a +1.. Sunday will be a -2 so I'll try again. About an hr into the hunt my friend said, "are you in pin point or discrim?" Discrim of course.. NO, you need to be in pinpoint. "HUH? I said" . You pinpoint and listen for a null or possibly a solid hit. Then you go to discrim. So opposite of my AT. AT's you listen for that alert sound. I guess w/the excal you tune up your threshold and listen for the null. I'll get there.........
It was a cold day at the beach for So Cal. Low 50's and raining. With my 4/3 full wet suit and wet suit boots it was amazing. I wasnt cold at all and my feet were comfortably warm even in stomach high water.

I also received my Anderson CF straight shaft yesterday for the AT GOLD. NOT impressed for 200.00. Got 4 bad splinters in my fingers putting it together. At the top of the handle where the detector mounts it moves side to side about 2 degrees and I cant really tighten it any more. The screw hole seems to be wobbled out and looking down the grip to the coil it's not centered. WTH? I may send it back for a refund and get something else.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should only get positive hits in pin point. You should only get a null in discrimination. I'll probably see you out there sometime! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
After only 2 beach outings w/my blue excal 1000 I haven't found much yet but I'm still getting used to the tones/settings. I am only hunting in pinpoint with threshold barely audible. When I get a blip or more I switch to discrim. If it nulls I walk. I'm a bit frustrated since my buddy is walking 40 yards from me and found 4 low end gold rings yesterday and I found 2.65 in change but he has more time on his. I have all of about 12 hrs. I know the beach season is at an end and they are pretty much combed out but I'm still determined to get "something" of value... lol. Oh and those damn twist top beer tops... They make your heart sink when you find one and its just that. SOOO sounds like gold.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my Excalibur 1000 blue, I get no nulls at all in pin point. It's an all-metal setting and sings out on ANYTHING made of any metal. I only get a null if I'm in the discrimination mode. I almost always hunt in pin point and then flip it to disc to give me a bit more info before I scoop. If I get a dead null sound, I'll pass it by. Any positive blip or sketchy sound and I'll scoop it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread