OKM metal detectors. Future series.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How could they give a 3-D view unless they have a 3-D display medium - like a holograph? You can get the software to create a CAD type rotatable display, but real-time is still a moving narrow strip.

Don't know anyone willing to fork $20 to $45K into a detector so have no firsthand or second-hand knowledge.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/okm/exp5000.htm

futuregraph6.jpg

Looks like it produces a vague representation of relative conductivity that you still have to interpret. It shows a peak graph in 3-D, not a representation of objects or their orientation. I'd ask some heavy duty questions about resolution. i.e. - is the image shown a representation of 400 sq ft of surface. Does it represent target depth or just a higher peak for a more conductive target?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Looks like a fish-finder (water depth reader) display... Thats a tad-bit pricey...

Now a holograph display... THAT would be cool.

joakim

Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO BY ANY OKM DETECTOR. THEY JUST DONT WORK.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not sure if they work or not but they do have quite the price tag on them. then 1 that is the walking stick that 1 i have to admit does look nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions