Detech SEF Butterfly Coil

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new coil is on the way! I can't wait to test it out in the yard and see if they are as good as some folks say.

I decided the 8x6 would be a good choice to start, if I like it I will most likely pick up the other two available for the MXT Pro.

Here is the one on the way Detech 8x6" SEF Butterfly Search Coil (White's) Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco

Here are the other two I want, the 18x15 will be next.

Detech 18x15" SEF Butterfly Search Coil (White's Spectra V3, DFX, MXT, M6) Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco
Detech 10x5" SEF WSS Coil (White's MXT/MX5/M6/DFX) Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco

Coils I have so far.

100_3364.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the 8x6 on my V3i. I've never put the 10" DD back on since I bought it. I think you will be happy.

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a lot of good reviews on them, my yard will be the test that's for sure. Old house lot's of garbage and it's next to an old iron mine so the ground is highly mineralized in areas.

I really want that 18x15 beast coil, I may pass on the 10x5 and save up for V3i. That's the machine I wanted but at the time it wasn't in the budget, I'm pleased with the MXT Pro but the V3 is better in my opinion.

I know a few people who can't afford a machine but would go hunting with me if they did, so it wouldn't hurt to have a spare machine that I can lend out.

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yippie!!! It's here!!!

Anchorman2.gif

chappelle_dance.gif

haters1.gif

NIusM.gif

OMGOOh1.gif

excited_elf.gif

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazed with the difference... I'm SOLD!!!!

So I went over a spot in my yard that I previously detected with several coils. I knew there will still targets there but they were confusing my machine, using the SEF coil I was able to locate each of those targets individually.

There is still plenty that could be found with the old coils, I basically cherry picked most of the yard previously. There are areas that proved difficult because there are targets on top of targets on top of targets. The SEF was able to differentiate each target instead of confusing the machine.

Most of the coins were dropped after the last time I detected, but a few were hidden by iron. I ran in coin mode, then in relic mode, most of this came from two holes. One of the best locations in my yard has hundreds of targets. I could turn up the discrimination or screen out the top few inches of dirt, I just skip over it for now. I will take some video to show how many targets there actually are.

I will definitely be getting the 18 x 15 SEF coil soon, I only wish they made a smaller one for extremely trashy areas like my yard.

100_7464.JPG 100_7466.JPG 100_7467.JPG 100_7468.JPG 100_7470.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread