Places to buy Detectors

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Best
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors.....a vendor here on Tnet Keith will treat you right !
Gary

Last edited:

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New any of the sponsors are great! used I like to look at pawn shops and ebay, but don't forget Craigslist

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco if you are experienced and want best price/deal. Local dealer if you are new to MD'ing and need instruction and lots of questions answered.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart from BIGBOYS HOBBIES. He is a vendor here on these forums and the customer service is AWESOME!! Price is AWESOME too!!.. If nothing else email, PM, call or text him and get a quote on what you want.. You will buy from him once you see his price and customer service.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forum classifieds from members with good reputations.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dare I say Kellyco? lol I am always more than happy to assist my customers with pricing and the best possible customer service around. If you are new to detecting or an expert, I'm always available to help.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dare I say Kellyco? lol I am always more than happy to assist my customers with pricing and the best possible customer service around. If you are new to detecting or an expert, I'm always available to help.

Kellyco is the best. You can't beat their price and they are nice people to deal with.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had great luck with pawn shops and Ebay for my used machines. I purchased a Minelab explorer SE for $ 300 dollars from a pawn shop. That being said, you usually get no warranty.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazon.com, you can read reviews...

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro Stock Metal Detectors located in Plainwell, MI. I purchased my first Whites Coinmaster there in the spring of 2012. The guy that runs the store, can't remember his name verbatim; answered all the questions I needed, assembled my detector for me, and gave me a small class on how to operate, where to look for treasure, and all around great service. It helped me dramatically being brand new into the MD world. I plan on returning there this spring and purchasing some new items. It's honestly about 4 hours away from me, but I have family that lives around there so it would make complete sense. I think it's a great feeling purchasing from a family owned business rather then buying off an internet site! I give his establishment 5 stars!!!

Sluice

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a newbie, I go with a local dealer for hands-on, after-the-sale, help. For experienced detectorists, Kellyco, Bart's, and Colonial have all been good to me for new stuff. I also buy off E-bay, here on Tnet, and Craig's list for good used bargains. If you belong to a detecting club, fellow members are also a good source.

Marylanddetctr

Aug 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my whites spectrum xlt off ebay for a decent price but you can't trust ebay 100%

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart from BIGBOYS HOBBIES. He is a vendor here on these forums and the customer service is AWESOME!! Price is AWESOME too!!.. If nothing else email, PM, call or text him and get a quote on what you want.. You will buy from him once you see his price and customer service.

Thanks Jack! Be glad to help you out personally. When you call us you deal directly with me every time. Be sure to mention the forum for best deal! Holler anytime! ;)

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've bought from Kellyco, Metaldetectors.com, TNet and eBay and only had an issue with the eBay machine. All other transactions/machines have been great.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have one - visit the local shop. Otherwise one of the vendors here. Like Bart!

I see my "local" White's dealer is gone. No surprise there. I made arrangements to visit him, twice, with cash ready and he stood me up both times after I had taken personal time to get there (it was about 35 minutes each way).

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for the compliments! Feel free to consider me your personal "go to," for customer service and any purchasing needs you might have through Kellyco.Thanks again and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread