Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Garrett will have one out soon for $127.45. Should be something about it on garrett.com/ dealer sites, & You Tube.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm surprised the price is same as regular PP was before they lowered it. Not bad at all! I have 2 garrett propointers so I wo'nt be getting any new ones till
one of them goes for good.

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about this for a few days also. I'm wondering if a nice zip-lock bag would do the trick when I need it to.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
key word in this thread "reliable", that leaves only the vibra probe. Reliability has not been tested on the rest.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the new Garrett AT pin pointer $147 retail or the old Garrett PP with a little shoe goo applied over holes // perry

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunray probe is submersible/waterproof and is actually a 1" coil for your machine. Excellent pinponter (works in your headphones) but specific to one machine. Utterly reliable as it uses your detector's settings, power and circuits.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a stand-alone, fully waterproof pin pointer......Vibraprobe.....without a doubt.

OP
OP
Scott (Upstate NY)

Scott (Upstate NY)

Mar 24, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunray probe is submersible/waterproof and is actually a 1" coil for your machine. Excellent pinponter (works in your headphones) but specific to one machine. Utterly reliable as it uses your detector's settings, power and circuits.
the sun ray x-1 is my first choice for the minelab e-trac but they don't sell it anymore.

OP
OP
Scott (Upstate NY)

Scott (Upstate NY)

Mar 24, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone familiar with the whites trx?

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone familiar with the whites trx?

Sure, the TRX is a good pinpointer. So are the Garrett Pro-Pointer and the Deteknix Xpointer
(my current favorite). None is fully waterproof on its own, to my knowledge. But it might
be sufficient to put any one of them in a heavy-duty (freezer) Ziploc bag. That'll make it
PRETTY waterproof, if you are careful with it. The extra cost is sure attractive.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a stand-alone, fully waterproof pin pointer......Vibraprobe.....without a doubt.

Cuda...
How long have you owned yours for ?
Down in the keys I know a few guys that have been using this one for years.
I do not use ... nor have ever really used a pinpoint... even though I own 3 heh.
what are the pros and cons if any ?

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for advice/input on which pinpointer to purchase. Looking for waterproof and rugged design........easy to use and interpret.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, as you have already heard the Garrett Pro-Pointer AT will be coming out soon.
submersible waterproof up to 10 feet. We are taking Pre- orders right now. If you want to be one of the first to get one,
give me a call.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuda...
How long have you owned yours for ?
Down in the keys I know a few guys that have been using this one for years.
I do not use ... nor have ever really used a pinpoint... even though I own 3 heh.
what are the pros and cons if any ?
I've used mine for a few years now. No problems with it at all. Great for finding that elusive stud earring that falls through the scoop. Those would be the pros, along with quality materials and great customer service (I thought I had a problem, but, it turned out I didn't). The cons would be (IMO).....I would like to see a bit more depth. On a fresh set of batteries, you get maybe 2-3 inches on a coin sized target. I'm also not in love with the tip switch method of turning it on/off and the auto shut-off feature. It works fine but takes more time to operate than if it just had a mercury switch or conventional waterproof toggle switch.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have gotten older my eyesite is starting to go... I actually should use readers...
I use to be able to spot a BB covered in sand...
no joke.
Now A coin eludes me sometimes...
So I have been starting to use a Vulcan 360...
Which frustrated me...
I was using it and nothing,,, and nothing....
So I put it to my 14k ring with Santa Margarita silver ring...
Nothing on the gold ... the silver hit...
So I got home and read up on it and found out it had 5 levels or some crap...
was set on something for some god awful reason...
Sheesh the way I see it... IF I have dug it... I wanna see it... no matter what it is...
WHY would a pinpointer have discrim I mean what the ?
So I reset it... and works fine...
But see I want wa terproof fool proof one.
Turn and burn.

OH I forgot... I got the Vulcan for free from Kco on purchase of this last ML...
The other 2 I got way back on 2 other X2 purchases from them..
Boxy long needle looking things.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vibra-Probe 570,Treasure Products, Inc., Great Repair Service !

Hi All ! :hello:

Attached is a post I did a few years ago. I paid $14.05 to ship my Vibra-Probe 570 to Treasure Products, Inc. for repair and they covered the repair cost, including shipping back to me !

More details are given in my testimonial. Just hover your cursor anywhere within the body of the attachment and left-click to get an enlargement. The "Close" button is in the bottom-right corner of the enlargement.

ToddB64

Attachments

• Scan_20150213.jpg
    Scan_20150213.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my little guy hit a river in B.F.E. Pennsylvania (Forest County) two summers ago. It was mid august so the water was low and slow - we were in the head waters too so it's not your average, roaring river. There was a town that died out and all the buildings are gone. We decided to try water hunting where there used to be a bridge. I learned quickly that pinpointing was a problem. We use a Garrett ProPointer which works great but it's not submersible. I looked into some heavy duty long skinny zip-lock bags. I found some on eBay that were maybe a half inch or so bigger than the pinpointer. I was going to double bag it. Now they have the all-terrain version, we're going to get one and not bag it.

I think if u get a bag that's heavy/thick and double them up it would work fine.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until you poke a hole in the bag on some sharp object.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread