s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not aware of any. I think the hard part would be getting the land owners permission and finding a place that hasn't been hunted. Good luck.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Moncks Corner is a beautiful place. The deal is to hunt private property with permission. If the owner says 'yes' you are good to go. GL&HH.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dain-Brammage, that link is about state-level (state parks) and some federal stuff. Not city level stuff. This question was about a city.

To the extent a few city's get listed there in that link, (a grand total of 2 or 3 ?) the city of Moncks Corner wasn't one of them.

You are mistaken, it very clearly shows city's and even points you to the the online statutes for that particular city

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Garrett-ace350, turn your question around the other way, and ask yourself: Why wouldn't it be allowed ? For example, do others go there after school hours to jog the track, shoot hoops, etc.... ? If so, would think to yourself : "I wonder if I can fly frisbees there?" (afterall, you might poke someone's eye out).

Odds are, any question like this, would not be about md'ing in-particular (I highly doubt there's anything specific in school yard codes about that anywhere). Instead it would revolve around persons at all being there after school for any purpose. And I'm sure if you asked long enough and hard enough, you'd always find someone to say "no". But as you can see, there is usually no shortage of someone walking their dog, shooting hoops, etc.... An exception might be if you're in an area where the schools are truly buttoned up with fences that have utterly no entrance.

And dain-brammage: I've gone back to the link again, and there's a whopping 1 or 2 cities there. Just a few that have happened to dream up something when it came across their desk as a "pressing issue that needed answering". It doesn't list "all cities".

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in North Charleston also, are we aloud to hunt on school property?

I don't know about NC but my buddy who lives in TN said that I was lucky to be able to hunt schools in the part of GA I am in. He said they are all off limits in TN.
I only hunt a couple of old elementary schools that are small and kind of out of the lime light. I also go at daylight when school is not in session. Avoid look-ie Lou's and you will be way far ahead than waltzing in while school is in session during prime time for people to be shooting hoops, throwing frisbees etc. I think in general there is a negative connotation that we "detectorists" are there to rape the grounds of golden jewels and leave big holes everywhere!

Walt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions