Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. Forecast is below zero at night for the next few days. We're way up at 8°F now. Ugh.

Melt the poles and bring on the beach.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much better than last year, but....................................................still can't dig! I wanna try this new machine!! On a bright note, snow cover less than 12 inches,.......... last year at this time almost 50 inches!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. Forecast is below zero at night for the next few days. We're way up at 8°F now. Ugh.

Melt the poles and bring on the beach.

I love upstate NY. Came through from Burlington to Buffalo a few years back after a driving trip to Nova Scotia. Mountains are almost as pretty as ours.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much better than last year, but..................................................still can't dig! I wanna try this new machine!! On a bright note, snow cover less than 12 inches,.......... last year at this time almost 50 inches!!!!
Good gosh, coop. 50 inches should take you into July.:laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love upstate NY. Came through from Burlington to Buffalo a few years back after a driving trip to Nova Scotia. Mountains are almost as pretty as ours.:laughing7:

But the food can't compete with Tennessee! I used to work for International Paper and got to Vergo's Rendezvous on Second St in Memphis three times a year. Yummmmm. Everyone up here thinks BBQ has to be covered in half an inch of sauce.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But the food can't compete with Tennessee! I used to work for International Paper and got to Vergo's Rendezvous on Second St in Memphis three times a year. Yummmmm. Everyone up here thinks BBQ has to be covered in half an inch of sauce.

I'm glad you mentioned that Charlie. We are planning a trip to Memphis so our son can see where the Blues started and I was trying to find a good BBQ place. When I lived in NC, I was close to Champion Paper plant in Canton. Phew!!! And you right. Good BBQ is how well the meat is smoked, and sauce can add a combo taste, not over power it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes. Lots of fond memories as the pasty white Yankee at B.B.King's half-s beat late and a dollar short. Always a great time, though.

IP was a weird group. Much like the agent in your avatar. At a certain level they all turn to executroids and lose human traits. When you're bad they send you to a mill. Natchez, MS and Courtland, AL were nasty, nasty places. I work at a waste water treatment plant now and it's all roses and sweetness compared to those spots (I believe both were closed down recently).

Have a great trip.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm sure glad you said "almost",after living down in those Great Smoky Mountains...NOTHING comes close.

Best place I ever lived.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, wt, There is something about them that beckons home. Been here almost 35 years. A big change from growing up in Ft Lauderdale.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IP was a weird group. Much like the agent in your avatar.

I condidered SpongeBob, but the nemesis of Neo seemed more appropriate. (MISTER Anderson.........)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions