Why do I do this to myself?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This will be my third season detecting. I have bought only two detectors in my life, the latest being a new E-trac. Both times I have purchased them during the long, cold Michigan Winter :BangHead: The antisapation was bad, waiting to metal detect for the first time!! when I bought my first one a couple years ago, But this time, waiting to use this new Minelab, on spots that I know hold goodies, I was not able to get with my AT Pro, is just torture! Read Andy's book a couple times, know the menu, and key pad inside and out, I wanna dig........................come on Spring, already :headbang:

Upvote 0

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grats on the new Etrac! Hey brother, I too feel your pain. I just bought a new Deus, and now I am so anxious to play with it, but there's two feet of snow out there. It will be balls-to-the-wall come springtime!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My newly upgraded F-75 hangs on the wall awaiting unfrozen ground. Ugh.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys need to think about a road trip! Or in some cases, a plane! :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you can use a propane torch o dethaw the ground --a bit rough on the turf however...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someday I want to try a southern beach. Probably get beat up by the local detecting gang but it sure looks fun and seems productive.

That's on my retirement to-do list.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someday I want to try a southern beach. Probably get beat up by the local detecting gang but it sure looks fun and seems productive.

That's on my retirement to-do list.

I am about 2 years away, from being a "snow bird"..................just waiting on my self employed, workaholic, sweetie. Not going to miss these Michigan winters at all!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, we have some Minnesota relatives visiting at the moment. Not sure they want to leave!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds like an excuse to take a vacation........come to florida, weather is great here

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like an excuse to take a vacation........come to florida, weather is great here

Headed to Anna Marie Island, for 10 days in April!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Cooper1841,

I feel your pain! In Massachusetts we are covered by a lot of snow, but I have a solution; the beach! I've been doing a little beach hunting while in low tide - very cold, but I can dig. Over the last few weeks found some clad, jewelry and junk, but at least I'm out. More snow on Sunday/Monday.:BangHead:

Regards,

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the same way. I ordered a Minelab Explorer but was damaged in shipping so I had to send it back to be repaired. The waiting is killing me. I want to do air tests, polish it and be ready for the first thaw. What a cruel world! Now I must sit here nights surfing the forums watching others down south digging the treasure that should be mine. Watching live dig videos pretending it's me extracting the good stuff. The days have been warmer lately, does this mean an early spring? I can only wish. I have to wait until April before this hell we call winter passes and I am back to posting finds instead of rambling on the general forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Cooper1841,

I feel your pain! In Massachusetts we are covered by a lot of snow, but I have a solution; the beach! I've been doing a little beach hunting while in low tide - very cold, but I can dig. Over the last few weeks found some clad, jewelry and junk, but at least I'm out. More snow on Sunday/Monday.:BangHead:

Regards,

The beach is always a good choice to escape the frozen tundra, early and late in the year! I am only 3 miles from Lake Huron, and hunt them a lot, but I think I could walk to Canada on the ice!! Can't tell where the sand stops, and the water starts............everything is froze!!! Atleast the sand will be dig-able before anything else............................in April.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread