Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all,
I see the thread I started on Diggers last year has 460 responses. Watched it again the other day and still hated it. I think it is not in our best interest to have the hobby demonstrated that way, even though I understand that it's television. I can't see myself detecting with any yahoos that act like they do on that show. For those that like it, more power to you, but count me out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's made for TV. If there were no beeping people would get bored of watching:laughing7:

I agree...they may act dumb sometimes, and the "beeps" arent accurate to the machines. But its still reality TV.

I can tell you one thing. If I got Paid to Metal detect and had to run around humping trees every now and then, i would probally do it too.
the fact that there is something on TV that I can relate too is why I watch it.

I see mis edited things in all those shows. i was watching something the other day, and the steering wheel was to a VW Jetta..then it should them getting out of a Ford...it happens

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All reality shows are scripted. It just depends upon if we like the characters and their antics. If you go on Youtube that is where you see some good hunters not scripted. I just got N.Geo channel and so far its been all drugs and gangs. Nothing like the magazine I grew up with. :dontknow:
I know what you mean HGTV at one time had a lot of gardening shows now all they do is fix up homes .. No more garden shows..

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They both were like driving by an accident. No matter how hard you try not to look, you can't help but take a peek!

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean HGTV at one time had a lot of gardening shows now all they do is fix up homes .. No more garden shows..

Gotta keep those big bucks rolling in from Home Depot, Lowes and the power tool makers. Selling plants and mulch don't pay the bills. Materials to completely remodel your house does.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta keep those big bucks rolling in from Home Depot, Lowes and the power tool makers. Selling plants and mulch don't pay the bills. Materials to completely remodel your house does.

I think BBC America has a Few garden & cooking shows .
I know every so often I look through their Schedule And think
What a waste of the Brits :(

I'd rather see some Good British Comedies. & treasure Huning shows.

Even TIME TEAM would be cool to watch again

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Speaking of time team, I believe the entire series is on youtube from a user called something like raijer zaijer. I have been watching them from episode #1. Very interesting look at a long span of history.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not so sure diggers has done damage to our hobby.Its prolly responsible for a bunch of nice machines on the used market at good deals.Last winter was selling some silver at a pawn shop,my huntin buddy picked up an ace 2fiddy for his wife for 150.00...was like new.Dude at the shop said the guy got it cause the tv show made it look easy and profitable...lol..said it wasnt the first one for the same reason.
I like laughing during the show also seeing what can be found at super cool locations.A show that we could all agrre on has no chance of ever being on tv...thats why there is youtube
cheers

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Diggers. The only reason I watched it was to see the stuff they found. Yes I agree they didn't make us look to good with the stupid crap they did when they found something. I know it was a TV show and one probably only got permission to hunt some of those places to advertise for them to get tourist there. But you never know, if you go to some of those places around where you live they might give you permission to find some history for them. So to me that show in some way might of put a foot in the door for us.
Now for Savage. I think his show hurt us to worse. Going out and digging big holes in people yards, only to find something so he could sell it. The money was all he was interested in. I'm sorry. IT's a hobby for me. Getting out and having fun is the treasure, finding anything is all bonus. Be it good or bad.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Well i like the gardening shows and nursery shows could be the reason i have my own garden .And i have been hauling nursery stock and trees part time now for about 45 years ……. And in the summer or spring when the weather breaks i will be back at it…….. Last year was a long season i started the 2nd week of March and i was clear over in Williamsport Pa. in Dec..With a load of trees………………………………..But this year i am just going to have a container garden with my vegetable's Those gardens are just getting to be to much work…………….. Ok to stay on the subject .. I do not watch the diggers..

Last edited:

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Eurotek Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first became interested in detecting, it was about a month away before I would get the detector (christmas), so I went to YouTube and watched people detecting instead. Watched lots of videos, still do, just find it fun to see what people are digging up. I found Diggers after seeing if there were any real shows about it. Not many options. But, I like the show. I haven't kept up on rumors or anything.. but I watch it from time to time and I agree they are very silly verging on annoying, but I like hearing the history of where they are and seeing what they find. I just turn the TV down when they find something, haha.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect with a couple of friends and we joke and laugh while we are hunting...we have a blast...we love the show Diggers.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand , The Diggers can be a little off the wall some time , ok all the times. The problem, what can we watch for a MD show ? I would rather have something than nothing.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand , The Diggers can be a little off the wall some time , ok all the times. The problem, what can we watch for a MD show ? I would rather have something than nothing.
Yeah, even if I didn't like how they act, I would watch it for the history and to see what they find.

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
excal 11 , explorer se, garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it I there out having a good time. Who cares if they if they act like kids. To many people these days don't cut up and just have fun anymore . It's a relief to see some guys enjoying themselves and acting goofy instead of all serious .
My kid can watch the show can't say that about most shows on primetime networks or even the local news .

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still mad at these guys....

How many times do I have to volunteer to be a celebrity guest digger before I finally get invited to be on the show?

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 2.15.35 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread