The "Blooper" Moment

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTE: Im sry if there is a similar post. I wasnt able to find another post like this.

Not only do I thoroughly enjoy hearing treasure finds of all types, I also enjoy hear those moments where you start to sweat, heart starts pounding and your mind starts racing when you start excavating, thinking you have something cool but only to find out its garbage. Things that make you say ":censored:" lol

Ill start with one. Short and simple and very infuriating!

One morning I went out detecting before work. The grounds used to be a school that had been torn down... Sure I found loose change (All Modern), broken pens and the usual junk you expect to find on school grounds... But, my detector hit real high! I dug down about 9-10in and you would never guess what was staring me in the face... It was a dial to a safe lock! I started getting all physical responses and I paused. I sat there staring at it in aw. This was only the second time I used my GTI 2500. So needless to say to be a complete NooB and to see that was amazing.

So, I slowly removed more dirt and some more dirt after that... I found the edge and put my shovel in to rock it loose and then it just popped out... So what infact was it you ask?... DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN! It was nothing more that the front cover of a cheap modern safe....

So whats your story?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should probably leave the MF part out of your stories.... There is no need for it in this forum...

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
countdown to thread lock, 10, 9, 8....

OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it wasnt really meant to be pro fain at all... More of a joke really. To express frustration... Not to offend.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being unsure of how old you all may be,
We do have 12, 13 , 14 yr olds, that frequent this forum.
If it was YOUR daughter, you want her reading starred up smut gutter talk?

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, I hear all the time in blogs, forums and literature of people talking about all these FREEDOMS especially about metal detecting... But I jokingly play around with a word and people get jumpy... Im not forcing anybody to view, reply or engage in any way. I would just like some good conversation is all...So not to sound rude or bash anyone (Thats not my style) but if you dont like something, dont look... If your offended by words how do you listen to the radio or watch TV/Movies? I mean who hasnt stubbed their toe and dropped an S-Bomb, F-Bomb or even the dreaded GD? We all swear or slip... Its a joke people. Not a way of life lol I just want to get back on topic here is all.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your choice of words have been removed. Try to refrain of using em again!

Thanks!

OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all slip around our kids... I would love to meet a teenager in this day and age that has never heard a swear? (I didnt swear btw) So while these teens are taking a break from playing "Call of Duty" and listening to eminem, to view this site, do you really think that me IMPLYING a Swear word on a metal detecting forum is a big deal?.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, I hear all the time in blogs, forums and literature of people talking about all these FREEDOMS especially about metal detecting... But I jokingly play around with a word and people get jumpy... Im not forcing anybody to view, reply or engage in any way. I would just like some good conversation is all...So not to sound rude or bash anyone (Thats not my style) but if you dont like something, dont look... If your offended by words how do you listen to the radio or watch TV/Movies? I mean who hasnt stubbed their toe and dropped an S-Bomb, F-Bomb or even the dreaded GD? We all swear or slip... Its a joke people. Not a way of life lol I just want to get back on topic here is all.
FYI, this is a public forum, and I can go round with the best of them, where "words" are concerned.
It is also a VIOLATION OF THE RULES, so don't even jump back bad at me, when you're called out.

Besides being proof some ppl shouldn't be trusted with words, in public, one would hafta wonder what your regulatory speech is like.
Use that kinda language with YOUR kids much?
and I'm done! no worries

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill just EDIT the post...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are family friendly forum... When you type swear words it isn't a slip, it is intentional...

OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt noctice there was a CENSORED emoticon... I would have used that in place... I just want to say I didnt want to openly curse. Thats why I masked it with asterisks... Sorry.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already edited it. Here's a portion of TNet's rules...

Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't use profane or obscene language.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carry on sir.....

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt the world has improved since I was in junior high. Where in my first trip to the bathroom was an education in every word there was that was considered unpopular speech.
Now little kids got the www and not-so-smart phones. If I had kids bad language would be the least of my worries considering the non-stop smut that floods everything.
I see and agree with you pat, but the morally correct lost this war long ago.

PS yes I've had one of those moments. Onto my knees to retrieve a target..something bit my head..then another minute went by something bit my neck..after a few more bites I stood up only to realize my right knee pad was blocking the hole of a in ground hornets nest..I dunno who was more mad, the ones biting my head, or the swarm that came at me from below when I stood up. :BangHead: :laughing7: :BangHead:

BC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We haven't lost it on TN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread