Caribou369

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, newbie here...I am totally blown away by the wand this guy uses:

He never mentions the model he's using, but you can clearly see that it's small, lightweight, and works well at a depth of ~20 ft. :o

Can anyone help me with a positive ID for this beauty? I've poked around the threads in this forum, and done a bunch of google searches, but haven't found a clue.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a Vibra-Quatic. Good to 100 ft depth (30M)

Treasure Products, Inc | Home of the Vibra-Probe

vibraquatic.jpg

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have one of them.. just got it with an ebay DFX package... picks up a quarter at about 1.5" maybe 2" did not use a ruler to measure.

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I did a test on mine and it hits a nickel at just under 2". ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423143820.143363.jpg

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your looks a lot less USED than mine :-)

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Lol does it? I don't hunt while scuba diving very often. I usually put one of the others in a ziplock bag or vacuum seal it if I'm hunting shallow water. That's why I got two of the TRX , one for land and one for the river. Seems to work well like that and it hits deeper. My 2 cents

OP
OP
C

Caribou369

Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol does it? I don't hunt while scuba diving very often. I usually put one of the others in a ziplock bag or vacuum seal it if I'm hunting shallow water. That's why I got two of the TRX , one for land and one for the river. Seems to work well like that and it hits deeper. My 2 cents

I'm a total newb here when it comes to metal detectors, and the TRX intrigues me. How deep in the water can you use it? I'm usually working up to 12 feet deep (the farthest I can go and get anything done with a free dive) and if the TRX can go that deep without suffering ill effects, I'd be highly interested.

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I've only taken it down 7 foot or so. I assume it can go deeper if properly sealed.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the previous owner of my vibraprobe used it for land hunting..

You can see it in the picture here if you zoom in.. it is in the center
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-039-s...O53%2BuvoHU8EfQtBC2QY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, newbie here...I am totally blown away by the wand this guy uses:

He never mentions the model he's using, but you can clearly see that it's small, lightweight, and works well at a depth of ~20 ft. :o

Can anyone help me with a positive ID for this beauty? I've poked around the threads in this forum, and done a bunch of google searches, but haven't found a clue.

That was a nice area to dive and detect but looks like it was quite a bit of work too! I think the Vibraprobe would have worked just as good and maybe better down into some of those cracks. A Vibratector would have given them more depth and coverage. Even a regular water detector with a small coil might have worked good, if not better.

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I think that's the vibra quatic the one I have is the vibra quatic 2. Only difference I see is the tip is smaller on yours.

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
That was a nice area to dive and detect but looks like it was quite a bit of work too! I think the Vibraprobe would have worked just as good and maybe better down into some of those cracks. A Vibratector would have given them more depth and coverage. Even a regular water detector with a small coil might have worked good, if not better.

You are probably right. [emoji106]

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a vibra tector 730, very similar, same manufacturer but a little larger, shaft is roughly same diameter but probably overall longer (16"), same colors Lol!, 4" diameter coil mounted at an approx 45 degree angle to shaft. Heard people say they were good to pick up coin sized objects up to 6" deep. Not mine, it's lucky to hit on a coin sized object at 3", 4" Max, with 1" to 2" being being more consistent. Pulse induction detector/pinpointer, but performs more like a pinpointer, certainly no depth monster! Well built and warterproof to a depth of 100 feet (I think). Not what I had hoped it would be, but still useful and fun to play around with underwater!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread