Ringy and Dingy No Necter - More like rotten garbage

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... I went detecting yesterday and the land owner told me, "the goofy Diggers guys were here last year." He also said people who have been digging in his field since then have been finding tokens they left behind. He showed me one they gave him and said people have been finding quite a few in his field. I found one towards the end of the day.

Do they do this crap everywhere?

Not sure what they are trying to prove by leaving there trash coins behind but I think it really sucks!

Attachments

• diggerscoin.jpg
    diggerscoin.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry but I see no reason to lighten up. They didnt just leave this one, they left several of them. Sure I kept one so I could show people what idiots they are. Everyone who I talk to about metal detecting thinks these guys are setting the hobby back. Land owners and other people who metal detect.

I wonder how they would like it if I knew where their next dig was going to be and left a bunch of my tokens there.

I tend to agree. Lightening up is good, but these guys are a menace to our hobby. It would be one thing if you could be in some sort of exclusive club with that token, or be able to turn it in for big prizes, but as far as I am concerned its a sad memento representing a bunch of morons.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys think its possible since when these guys find something the crew archaeologists jump in to document everything and maybe either they or others like the producers of the show drop these tokens in the holes to promote themselves/show. Entirely possible scenario to see them doing that especially when we see the guys hating trash and the waste of time.

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this has already been posted to treasure net but I found a link to it today while doing some research. Ya I dont like these shows but not for the same reason these people dont like them. They bring way too much attention to our hobby from the wrong people and paint us in a bad light. The good thing about this link Ive posted is there hasnt been any news or additional posts lately. They are talking about public lands but like I said its just a lot of negative publicity that we dont need if we want to continue metal detecting.

https://www.change.org/p/the-nation...-spike-tv-stop-airing-their-digger-programs-3

lcolins: Where did you get the tokens? I see some you have havent been buried or look that way. The land owner showed be some that look like that. They were given to him by the Diggers guys.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this has already been posted to treasure net but I found a link to it today while doing some research. Ya I dont like these shows but not for the same reason these people dont like them. They bring way too much attention to our hobby from the wrong people and paint us in a bad light. The good thing about this link Ive posted is there hasnt been any news or additional posts lately. They are talking about public lands but like I said its just a lot of negative publicity that we dont need if we want to continue metal detecting.

https://www.change.org/p/the-nation...-spike-tv-stop-airing-their-digger-programs-3

lcolins: Where did you get the tokens? I see some you have havent been buried or look that way. The land owner showed be some that look like that. They were given to him by the Diggers guys.

that petition says

Petition requesting that National Geographic Channel, Travel Channel and Spike TV pull their Digger Programming immediately as they promote looting and disrespect of our national heritage.

Looks like an archie thing

Diggers never promote looting and disrespect. in fact they don't even sell their Finds. and have an archie involved in the shows.

American Diggers was the only one I saw that was offensive to our way of life.
They were the only ones who claimed to destroy sites
to find and sell Valuable historical objects they found.

and I must give them the fact they only did it on private property with purchased permission.

I do not remember the name of the one on Travel Channel,
But I do not think they trespassed either.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't the other show about 3 teams of 2 and were given prime spots to detect and whoever came up with the best or most valuable find won? That show wasn't too bad and didn't promote any wrong doing in fact it was educational. Personally I like the diggers guys, yes they're nutty but I've seen them do nothing but promote the hobby in an educational manner. If you guys had seen their very first videos it was like watching paint dry so to gain recognition they acted goofy which attracted a production company out of Baltimore MD who make these guys go as nutty as possible to get ratings. The guys actually slipped during an interview and said they're contracted to do so. If either of you were offered your own show, get paid stacks of cash to go do what you love to do but the stipulation is you had to be goofy how many honestly would turn it down? Be honest with yourself and not try to front for the post, be truthful. I would do it. Most of you probably act goofy right now and you aren't getting paid. American diggers is the only show that damaged us because Randy is a greedy blimp who cares only for himself and his pockets. Bill Ladd is ok except when he calls his partner "Howooood".

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen their meager finds for some of the places they get to detect and you should have found some nice stuff there. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't the other show about 3 teams of 2 and were given prime spots to detect and whoever came up with the best or most valuable find won? That show wasn't too bad and didn't promote any wrong doing in fact it was educational. Personally I like the diggers guys, yes they're nutty but I've seen them do nothing but promote the hobby in an educational manner. If you guys had seen their very first videos it was like watching paint dry so to gain recognition they acted goofy which attracted a production company out of Baltimore MD who make these guys go as nutty as possible to get ratings. The guys actually slipped during an interview and said they're contracted to do so. If either of you were offered your own show, get paid stacks of cash to go do what you love to do but the stipulation is you had to be goofy how many honestly would turn it down? Be honest with yourself and not try to front for the post, be truthful. I would do it. Most of you probably act goofy right now and you aren't getting paid. American diggers is the only show that damaged us because Randy is a greedy blimp who cares only for himself and his pockets. Bill Ladd is ok except when he calls his partner "Howooood".

HaHa "Howooood" :laughing7: I even got used to that after awhile.
is that a "Bostin" accent ?
they'd probably cring at my "Moten" (mountain) accent

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen some youtube hooligans leaving some kind of tags in their dug hole before refilling.Its a fairly crappy thing to do.

I think its funny finding those, I had a buddy that would "tag" a few places he hunts...Its something new to collect, Id rather find that then a rotten penny

I could see someone thowing a bunch of pennies in a area I detect to try and throw me off ( which has happened), but I wouldnt think this is the same case

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be happy to find one also.
however if They hammered a site
and put them every where they dug something cool,
and I kept getting these road blocks of having to dig their same holes,
when I could be swinging emptier ground, I'd be :BangHead:
I like hammered areas where the signals left may be old

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm only going to give these guys another 20 or 30 times to call me for a guest appearance on the show....

After that.

PFFFFFFFFFT to Diggers.

Tantrum.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread