Garret ace 250 or Garret Predator II

M

MAC

Hello everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a couple of months and have decided to give MDing a try. I don't know anything about this nor do I know anyone else that does. So this brings me to my question, which of the two machines listed above would you get and why? Any input is appreciated.

Once I decide to get one, I hope to be putting some great photos on this board.

Thanks again,

Mac

Upvote 0

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Mac,
I really think you would be more happy with the ACE 250. Ive never seen the predator 2 but I went to my local dealer to check the ACE 250 and It seems like a real nice machine and a real deal for the price. I think that it would make a nice first detector. if you have a delaer near by within 100 miles I weould go to check out first hand
hh

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a dealer in CA selling the ACE250 on eBay. He has a 100% perfect feedback rating, and he is selling it for $199.00, with free UPS ground shipping, and freebies. You get headphones, an apron, a carry bag, and 2 metasl detecting books, all for $199.00 I just ordered mine yesterday, and can't wait to get it. I upgraded from a BH Pioneer 101, which my buddy and my daughter will be using when we hunt together! Good luck!

J

Jim Cal

I like the Garrett Ace 250 for the money. It has all of the features a beginner needs and will be a great back-up detector as you progress in the hobby and want to upgrade. I have a White's DFX but carry a Garrett Ace 250 in my car all of the time in case I have a few extra minutes to squeeze in some detecting or see a really great place. It has notch discrimination, depth readings, preset programs, several sensitivity settings, target identification, and tone id. I bought mine from a local dealer for $199.00 with a set of headphones and set of Garrett digging tools and pouch. Whatever you decide on get out and hunt as often and as long as you can and once you've got about 100 hours on the new machine you'll start really understanding what the signals are telling you. Good luck and good hunting! Jim Cal

D

Darod

Well,

I'm going to side with the crowd on this one. Let me just say that I do not know much about the Preditor but I do know some about the Ace series. The 250 has been receiving raive reviews since it was placed on the market. Time and time again I have read how this inexpensive machine has out performed machines costing OVER twice as much! The features on the 250 are quite amazing considering the price tag! I have just purchased one as well, on eBay for $160 new. The fact of the matter is that in order to get a machine that performs at this level with these features you would expect to pay between $400 and $500.

Most important in this equation is,.....you. Once your new detector gets to your door (whichever one you decide on) you need to log in some hours swinging and digging. Make yourself a test garden with different coins, foil, pull tabs, coke cans, nails, rings (both silver and gold), and a gold chain if you can. Barey them at least 18" apart and practice learning the tones and display of your new unit. Make sure to record their depth to compair to the display. Also, mark their exact location on the surface so you can practice pinpointing. I'd do this before I went out in the field. If you take the time to do this you will enjoy your time detecting for the goodies later on.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Rod

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that Jim Cal hit it on the head about the features, it is a great little machine. It is also a turn on and go machine. No ground balancing. I think you would be very happy with it, you will also get plenty of depth out of it. Kellyco is a good place to get it for $199.00 with extras and no shipping charges. You can't go wrong with this machine.

OP
OP
M

MAC

Thanks to everyone for your responses. It seems as the Garrett is a great model, just couldn't decide between the two. I will be putting my order in today for the 250.

Thanks again,

MAC

PS, anyone here do any hunting in SE Louisiana?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread