Do manufacturers update software on MDs? How do we know if update is available?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 1 Post By DDancer

Thread: Do manufacturers update software on MDs? How do we know if update is available?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2005
    south charleston, wv
    White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker ADS
    133 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Do manufacturers update software on MDs? How do we know if update is available?

I saw a 1 year old Garrett ATX for sale and was curious if the software on these newer models is periodically updated (like a gps unit).

Are there older ATX's (just an example) that have inferior firmware/software? If I buy an older unit could I be stuck with obsolete programming?
    The alchemists in their search for gold discovered many other things of greater value.
    Ex animo

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11813 times
    Metal Detecting
    First Texas recently did for the Fisher F-75 and the Teknetics T2. That was the first I had heard about as a large-scale undertaking. Others may do it on individual service returns.

I imagine some already have a USB port that will allow downloading software upgrades.
    chirper97 likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2005
    south charleston, wv
    White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker ADS
    133 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The XP Deus has updates to coil, headphones, and remote.

Minelab CTX 3030 offers Firmware Upgrade

From another forum:
    "Whites offers: Spectra V3i Update
    NOTE: YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CUSTOM PROGRAMS AND PROGRAM CHANGES. Write the settings down using the Vision Spreadsheet available from the menu above - Downloads - V3i Spreadsheet.
    I sent my Vision detector with headphones for the V3i update to White's in Sweet Home, Oregon. They received it on September 9th and I received it back on September 27th. Not sure why it took White's so long to perform the update. I also asked to have the switch replaced as it would stick in the depressed position. It was not repaired.
    The suggested Rx gain is now gone. White's felt that you could run higher gain than what was suggested. A new feature that I really like is you can now select which coil you are using (provided it is a White's coil). I am hoping this is to maintain an accurate depth reading. You can also choose between Polar Plot and the more familiar Spectragraph. I set mine for the new Polar Plot to see if it will help further identify targets (since then I have reverted back to the Spectragraph).
    Other updates include Support for Foreign languages, On-board Quick Reference System, Stereo mix-mode audio, Prospecting analysis scan, and Single frequency salt tracking. I have seen on the forums that everyone is pleased with the new updates."

Garrett appears to have firmware updates available for older MD's.

The alchemists in their search for gold discovered many other things of greater value.
    Ex animo

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    Current Whites DFX Past Garret GTI 2500 and others Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000 Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
    1676 times
    Metal Detecting
    Contact the manufacture and find out is the only way unless they advertise a support site for your detector.
    chirper97 likes this.
    Everyone Believes they have gold buried in the back yard... small wonder so few ever look for it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links