Do manufacturers update software on MDs? How do we know if update is available?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First Texas recently did for the Fisher F-75 and the Teknetics T2. That was the first I had heard about as a large-scale undertaking. Others may do it on individual service returns.

I imagine some already have a USB port that will allow downloading software upgrades.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP Deus has updates to coil, headphones, and remote.

Minelab CTX 3030 offers Firmware Upgrade

From another forum:
"Whites offers: Spectra V3i Update
NOTE: YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CUSTOM PROGRAMS AND PROGRAM CHANGES. Write the settings down using the Vision Spreadsheet available from the menu above - Downloads - V3i Spreadsheet.
I sent my Vision detector with headphones for the V3i update to White's in Sweet Home, Oregon. They received it on September 9th and I received it back on September 27th. Not sure why it took White's so long to perform the update. I also asked to have the switch replaced as it would stick in the depressed position. It was not repaired.
The suggested Rx gain is now gone. White's felt that you could run higher gain than what was suggested. A new feature that I really like is you can now select which coil you are using (provided it is a White's coil). I am hoping this is to maintain an accurate depth reading. You can also choose between Polar Plot and the more familiar Spectragraph. I set mine for the new Polar Plot to see if it will help further identify targets (since then I have reverted back to the Spectragraph).
Other updates include Support for Foreign languages, On-board Quick Reference System, Stereo mix-mode audio, Prospecting analysis scan, and Single frequency salt tracking. I have seen on the forums that everyone is pleased with the new updates."

Garrett appears to have firmware updates available for older MD's.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact the manufacture and find out is the only way unless they advertise a support site for your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread